Soulmates- Akaashi

Start from the beginning

"Ou, see if Akaashi is single."

"No."

"What?"

"Not your messenger or cupid."

"Uh, fine."

"Hello class, today we're gonna be talking about depression, what is it?"

So... is your class more interesting than mine?
uh, not unless you're talking about the human body.
nope. d e p r e s s i o n.
oh, god, ha... uh, good luck!

You furred your brows did he just... hang up? You looked at the teacher, as she looked around the class. "Ah, Ms. L/n. Your opinion?" You gulped looking around.

"Why would she know?"

"Yeah, she's literally Ms. Happy." You bit your lip and looked at the teacher.

"Well?"

"I uh, feeling hopeless?" You laughed it off, fake it till you make they say, well, I'm still faking it every day, did I make it? I'd be doing time if being sad was a crime, I'd be ahead a whole mile if loneliness was a race.

"Uh, huh? Is that all?" What the hell does she want me to say? Oh, yeah, I'm fine! Aside for the not sleeping, the jumpiness, the constant overwhelming crushing fear that something terrible is about to happen.
hypervigilance.
what?
the persistent feeling of being under threat.
it's not just a feeling though. "L/n?" Its... it's like a panic attack. You know like I can't even breathe.
like you're drowning?
Yah.
so... if your drowning... and you're trying to keep your mouth closed... until that.. very. last. moment. What if you chose to not open your mouth? To not let the water in?
you do anyway it's a reflex.
but... if you hold of... until, that reflex kicks in, you'll have more time right?
not much time...
But more time to fight your way to the surface
I guess.
more time to be rescued?
more time to be in agonizing pain, you know when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before you blackout... The instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your heads exploding, and when you finally do let it in, that's when it stops hurting.

"L/n? Last chance." You looked around at the class then at your teacher.

"Sorry, teach, I don't know."

"Told you."

"Why would she know." You frowned a bit before putting on a smile.

"Sorry." She gave you a look and shook her head.

"Okay, anyone else?"

if it's about survival... isn't... a little agony worth it?
what if it just gets worse? What if it's agony now and then... then it's just hell later on?
well, I don't know...
Yeah, shouldn't you be focusing on the human body? I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Bye.

You tried focusing on your work, but you couldn't, his words kept floating into your head.

you're not alone, you know. Not anymore, not ever.

Once school was over you walked home with your head down. You sighed and stopped at your door, opening it softly, you closed your eyes and sighed before taking in the sight of your mother on the couch crying. You grabbed a blanket and covered her up, you went to walk away but she grabbed your arm. "It's your fault." You removed your arm and walked upstairs.

My fault?! You slammed your bedroom door behind you, throwing a picture frame at a door. "How the hell is that man leaving my fault?!" You yelled at no one particular.

uh, hey, I'm at practice right now...
sorry, sorry... I forgot you hear shit... just ignore me... You flopped down on your bed and cuddled up to your old stuff animal.
I, shit, look... listen to me, okay? Don't let them take away your smile. I may not know you, or anything about you. Just... I can feel your pain, okay?
feel my pain? Just let me be sad. Okay?
Do you really think I'd let you be sad? And I know it's been a rough one lately, but you're not alone now. Just... talk to me. I'm here. You don't know why, but for the first time in a long time, you didn't feel alone. You opened up to him, and he opened up to you, he didn't care you were literally ruining his practice. He just wanted you to know you weren't alone.

--

When the game came around, your friend dragged you to the gym. I'm here. You looked around, your eyes met a black-haired spiky boy with blue eyes, Keiji, are you looking at a girl right now? I just... I'm looking at this really cute spiky black hair male with blue eyes, and I just... I feel like it's you...

H/c, e/c, you're Y/n L/n, right? The ms. Happy? Wow, you really are beautiful.
You both smiled to yourselves, he walked over to you and smiled. "Hi, how about I introduce myself, I'm Keiji Akaashi, and you are?"

"I'm Y/n Ln." You said smiling, a real smile, you held out your hand. "Your soulmate." He smiled too, shaking your hand.

"Nice to meet you." Your friend watched you two and frowned. "I, uh, it feels nice to have you out of my head, but..."

"Feels empty huh?" You both laughed. "Then let's just say what's on our minds. All the time."

"Deal." He looked back at his friends. "Wish me luck?" You leaned up kissing his cheek.

"Good luck, Keiji." He smiled to himself.

"Before I go. Uh, you once asked if I was cute, what do you say?"

"I'd say your friend was right you are hot." He laughed nodding his head smiling as he walked back to the court.

"No way in hell, Akaashi is your soulmate, you're a loner." You rolled your eyes looking at her.

"You're just jealous he's not yours." You sat down watching their game, your friend walked off, you sighed watching her walk away.