Then I trailed my eyes up to her face.

          The memory of what happened in the comfort room earlier this day was slowly coming back to me regardless of how hard I had been struggling to push it at the back of my mind.

          How her body molded against mine perfectly.

          Her warm breathing on my neck that sent tingles down my spine.

          She didn’t touch me or anything.

          She was surprisingly staying true to her words.

          But somehow, I found myself feeling something unpleasant within me when she removed herself from me and proceeded to leave without saying anything.

          Disappointment...?

          I shook my head to get rid of such absurd thoughts.

          Why would I be disappointed?

          It wasn’t like I wanted her to touch me or anything.

          That was impossible.

          “She’s Minju.”

          I watched as she smoothly turned the car to the right where the exit was located.

          “Is she a friend?”

          Oh?

          There was something in her tone that I couldn’t quite pinpoint. It was as if she was mad yet at the same time, she wasn’t.

          “Why?” My lips quirked up in a teasing manner. “Are you jealous?”

          Silence.

          She kept her eyes up ahead, lips sealed and so focused on driving. Understandable since the road was slippery and one wrong move would send us flying.

          It didn’t mean I would stop though.

          I felt like being petty tonight.

          “You are jealous, aren’t you?”

          “I’m not jealous.” A plain reply.

          Ugh.

          Her indifference was starting to irk me.

          “Oh?” I pressed on.

          She released a breath.

          “It is only natural that people with functioning eyes will be drawn to you.” She stopped the car as the traffic light turned red. “The fact remains, however, that those same people don’t matter to you. You won’t even bat an eye on them. Why would I be jealous?”

          ...okay

          I honestly didn’t expect that answer to come from her.

          It left me speechless for a moment.

          She could really be serious if she wanted to.

          “I was annoyed, Karina,” she followed up when I didn’t speak. “She draped her arm around your waist right in front of my face. She’s got some nerves.”

          I bit back a grin, extremely satisfied at the responses that I was receiving.

          “She was keeping me from getting soaked.” I tried to reason out even though I didn’t like what Minju did either just to tease her further.

Yooji: Love is War [Winrina]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें