Chapter Four: River

Chapter Four: River

"I don't care how important you are; I'll kill every single fucking one of you."

+=+=+

"Hello, my love," Y/n whispered to the rock in the woods where Lorla was buried. "It's been a while since I last visited you, but I got your favorite flowers." She placed a vase of sunflowers next to the rock. "You died, by my hand, four years ago today. I hope the afterlife is treating you right. You deserve a peaceful afterlife, especially after I murdered you." Y/n sat down on the ground in front of her love's grave, closed her eyes, and rested her forehead on the rock as though it was Lorla's forehead.

"I'm still sorry," she continued, her voice soft. "I miss you; I haven't been the same since you've been gone, and it's all because you aren't here to keep me centered anymore." She took a deep breath. "I should've let Dain kill me that day. It's so hard without you here, my darling. I have to go now, but I'll come back soon. I vow it." Y/n placed a soft kiss on the rock, pretending it was the top of Lorla's head. "Goodbye, my love. I'll be back soon."

With that, she stood up taking one last lingering look at her dead lover's grave. "I love you," she whispered as she turned and walked through the trees, away from Lorla.

+=+=+

"What?!" Y/n shouted angrily. "They threw you in the river?!"

Jude nodded.

"I'm going to murder every single one of them," Y/n said through gritted teeth. "Every single fucking one of them!"

"Where were you today, anyway?" Jude asked, suddenly curious.

Y/n's mood totally changed, remembering where she was. "Visiting Lorla's grave. She died four years ago today."

Jude looked down sadly. "That's right. You still love her, don't you? Even though she's gone."

"Just because she's dead doesn't mean I have to stop loving her." Y/n quickly changed the subject by grabbing a dagger and pulling on her jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"To teach Cardan, Nicasia, Locke, and Valerian a lesson," the e/c eyed girl answered simply. "They need to learn to stop messing with my friends." She stormed out of the room, Jude hot on her heels, waiting to see what was about to happen.

+=+=+

Y/n stormed into Valerian's room, where the group was conveniently hanging out. She was so angry you could practically see the smoke pouring out of her ears. The door slammed open, making the four faeries stop laughing at whatever they were talking about. Y/n glared at every single one of them.

"What do you want, sister?" Valerian spat the word 'sister' out like it was venom.

"You need to stop messing with my friends, brother," Y/n said, matching her brother's tone.

Nicasia laughed. "And why would we do that?" Her shrill voice angering Y/n further.

Y/n pushed Nicasia against the wall, her dagger digging into her throat just enough to draw the slightest amount of blood. Y/n noticed Nicasia's breathing pick up; she was scared. "Because if you don't, I'll fucking murder you." Without moving the dagger from Nicasia's neck, Y/n glanced at the three boys in the room. "I don't care how important you are; I'll kill every single fucking one of you."

The four faeries stayed silent, processing this, while Y/n dropped the dagger from Nicasia's neck and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her. 

+=+=+

Hey guys!

I am so sorry for how long it took me to get this out, and for how short it is. I had writers block and I was super busy with school and doctor's appointments, along with having to stop taking my ADHD meds, so it's been super hard for me to continue. But I love writing, and I love that you all love this book. The comments and votes are really helping my motivation.

QOTC: Marvel or DC?

For me, I'm a marvel girl. But I do like some of the DC tv shows.

See you next time!