Chapter One: The Revel

"I don't want wine! Just get two for yourself!"

+=+=+

"Balekin, darling," Y/n said in the sickeningly sweet tone that Balekin loved, while her knuckles lightly tapped the wooden door. "You called for me?"

The door swung open, and Balekin stood magnificently in the doorway. His black hair was slicked back, he wore black pants with a matching black shirt that almost reached his knees. It was covered in what looked like ravens. A silver belt-which carried a sword-hung at his hips, and the corners of his lips were curved upward in a loving smile that was reserved only for the woman in front of him.

"There you are, my dear," he said. "I have a gift for you."

He was excited to show the lovely girl his gift. He knew she would love it; all girls love dresses.

Y/n gazed up at him with a convincing look of admiration. "You do? Whatever for?"

"For the party, of course," Balekin laughed as though it was obvious. "I want you to look like the most beautiful Faerie girl out there tonight."

He leaned down and kissed her cheek, then he grabbed her right hand and pulled her into his room. He was eager to hear how much she loved the gift.

She forced herself to giggle as she pretended to hide a blush. He led her to a gorgeous dress. The dress was a shade of charcoal gray. The top half looked like a corset and the skirt was big and puffy but not too big and puffy. It had no sleeves, and the skirt reached the floor. Little diamonds glittered all over the dress, like stars shining in the night sky.

If only he knew not all girls love dresses, Y/n laughed in her thoughts.

"It's beautiful, Balekin," she said, her gaze flickering over the dress, taking in every lovely inch of it. Although, she knew she wasn't going to enjoy wearing it.

"Isn't it?" he grinned.

"You have exquisite taste," she complimented him.

"I know," he said pridefully. "I do."

She giggled and acted like his pride was attractive. "Well... leave so I can put it on."

"Of course, my dear," he said before leaving his room.

As the door shut behind him, Y/n sat down on Balekin's bed, trying to ignore the pounding migraine that was building up inside her skull. She let out a long breath of air while rubbing her temples. This was going to be a long night.

With a sigh, she slowly put the dress on. It fit her body perfectly, outlining her figure in the best possible way.

And I have to wear this all night? she complained to herself, hating the way the dress felt on her body. It's so uncomfortable.