59

Many hours later Addison was discharged from the hospital since all her tests came back and everything looked fine and the doctor just told her to get some rest for a day or two after what she went there for almost a week. Once Addison got in the car she looks out the window since she's been crying nonstop about her dad and the fact that her mom hates her. Bryce drives off and drives to his mom's to pick up Amelia.

Bryce: You okay? *puts his hand on her thigh*
Addison: *jumps from his touch* yeah I'm fine.
Bryce: *worried* you sure?
Addison: Yes Bryce I'm fine.
Bryce: *sighs*

Bryce moves his hand away from her and just continues to drive to his mom's place. After fifteen more minutes, they get to Lisa's place and they get out of the car and head to the front door, and knock. Lisa goes to the door while Amelia wanted to answer the door since she knows it's her parents. So Amelia runs to the door and opens it.

Amelia: Mommy!! *smiles and happy*
Addison: Hi baby. *fake smiles because she's still sad and upset*
Amelia: *puts her arms up so Addison can pick her up*
Addison: *picks her up and kisses Amelia's cheek*
Amelia: I missed you! *puts her head on Addison's shoulder*
Addison: I missed you too.
Bryce: How was she mom?
Lisa: She was good we played watched some tv and she ate a little while ago.
Addison: Thank you for watching her.
Lisa: Of course, I'm really glad you are safe and okay.
Addison: Me too. *fake smiles*
Lisa: Do you guys want to stay over for dinner?
Bryce: I don't know mom.
Amelia: Please? Mommy & Daddy.
Addison: Okay we'll stay for dinner.
Amelia: Yay! *claps her hands*
Lisa: I'll start making dinner.
Bryce: I'll help you, mom.

Lisa and Bryce go inside the kitchen and while they make dinner Addison plays with Amelia since she missed her so much. Amelia passes a doll to Addison.

Amelia: Here mommy you can play with this one.
Addison: Okay. Thank you.
Amelia: *plays dolls with Addison*

(Back to Bryce and Lisa)

Bryce is getting all the ingredients they need to make dinner. While Lisa is starting to cook up the chicken. Bryce is worried about Addison and he doesn't want to upset her by talking about what happened.

Lisa: So, how's Addison doing really since she was kidnapped?
Bryce: I don't know mom, I'm worried about her, we haven't talked about any of it.
Lisa: I know son but she'll come around I know she's strong and that she loves you so much and Amelia.
Bryce: Yeah, I just feel like I'm helpless.
Lisa: Don't think like that.
Bryce: I just do, on the way here I put my hand on her thigh like I normally do but she jumped like she was afraid of me.
Lisa: That's probably because she's terrified of what happened to her when she was kidnapped.
Bryce: Yeah. I just don't know what to do either because she blames herself for her dad dying.
Lisa: He was the one who saved her.
Bryce: Yeah but in the process, he got shot and the doctors told Addison he didn't make it and that it was so deep in his chest by his heart.
Lisa: Poor baby. I can't imagine what she's going through.
Bryce: Yeah.
Lisa: You just got to be there for her every step of the way to recovery, even if she doesn't want it you got to have to show her that you care about her and want what's best for her.
Bryce: Thanks mom, you always know what to say.
Lisa: That's what I'm here for to always give you advice when you need it and to watch my beautiful granddaughter.

They finish up making dinner and Addison goes to check up on them since Amelia is now watching tv in the living room. Addison is having mixed emotions about everything that has happened.

Addison: Do you guys need any help?
Lisa: Dinner's almost ready sweetie.
Addison: I can set up the table if you would like.
Bryce: I can do it, babe. You don't need to worry.
Addison: No, I got it. I'm not a little puppet that needs babysitting Bryce.
Bryce: Okay. *sighs*

Addison sets up the table for dinner and gets everything set for dinner. Addison knows she shouldn't have snapped at Bryce but he has to understand that she's not a unwell person. Addison goes to Amelia and tells her to go wash her hands.

After a few minutes, they all sit at the table and eat the dinner that Lisa had made. While they are eating it's hard for them to make conversation after what Addison went through.

Amelia: Mommy, can we go get ice cream after dinner with daddy?
Addison: I don't know baby.
Amelia: pls mommy?
Addison: I said I don't know Amelia! *yells a bit*
Amelia: I'm sorry. *sad*
Addison: *gets up and goes to the backyard*
Bryce: It's okay sweetheart, mommy is having a hard time right now.
Amelia: I didn't mean to upset her. *cries a little*
Bryce: Hey, it's okay. Mommy will be okay.
Amelia: *nods*

(Back with Addison)

She closes the sliding door and sits on the hammock while she runs her fingers through her hair and feels like there isn't a point in living. She covers her face and just cries. But the only reason why she snapped at Amelia is that she's afraid to go out since the last time she did she got kidnapped.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. What is happening with Addison? Will she ever get past it? There are going to be only 3-4 chapters left of this story.