"Yes, Nicholas Carter, believe it or not, I used to have fun." I said.

"Well, what happened?" I gulped. He asked; his head tilted to the side as he curiously looked at me, my fingers started fidgeting. If Nick had met me before, at my old school, we probably would have gotten along at the start. My nights had consisted of getting drunk, going to parties with my friends, and making terrible, terrible decisions. "I don't know. I- guess I got tired of it." I crammed the incoming memories of my past life back into that little untouched corner of my mind.  "Anyway, I have now rediscovered I am much better off sticking to my Saturday pizza nights instead." I took another swig of the coffee, but I still felt Nick's stare linger.

A sharp pain cut through my brain, and I winced. "Ahh."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just have the worst headache."

"Well, from the way you hit your head, I'm surprised you didn't get a concussion."

"What? I hit my head?" Shit. "When did this happen?"

"What, you're telling me you don't remember falling off the table when you were doing your strip dance?" I gasped in pure agony. "It was quite a show, by the way."

"Oh, God." I buried my face in my hands; I wanted to curl up in a ball and disappear. Nick chuckled out loud.

"Relax, I'm kidding. You fell because you're clumsy and couldn't even stand up straight. There was no stripping, unfortunately."

"You're an asshole." I said through my laughter, relieved.

"Come on, do you really not remember last night?"

"Of course I remember, there's just a couple gaps..." I furrowed my brows in concentration as I tried to recall the missing holes in my memory from last night, especially trying to recall the conversation I had with Nick when we stepped outside the party. I was mortified when it finally hit me. "Actually, nope, I can't even remember most of the stupid things I must've done. So- just ignore absolutely everything I might have said yesterday." I scratched the back of my head, silently hoping that Nick would just accept it as meaningless drunken slurs and nothing more. But my worst fear was confirmed when he cocked his head at me and smirked. "What?"

"You remember." He said with his arms crossed, staring amusedly at me through his lashes.

"I don't even know what you're talking about."

"I'll gladly remind you-"

"-Wait."

"-Oh, Nick, do you even like me?" He mocked with a high-pitched voice. I grabbed the pillow next to me and threw it at his head as he laughed.

"Fine, I remember, alright. But let's just pretend that whole conversation never happened, okay?" I was talking too fast, Nick still stared at me, which only made me talk more nonsense. It was painfully obvious how nervous he made me. I unconsciously let my hair fall to my eyes to cover my blushing face. "I don't even know why I said that. People say stupid stuff when they're drunk all the time and-"

"You know, Sammi," His hand grazed my cheek as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, his slightest touch making me feel hot as his stare traveled along my neck, up to my lips, then my eyes. I couldn't move an inch even if I tried. "If you really had to ask me that, then you're more clueless than I thought." I felt my heart beating once. Twice.

"Sam! I'm home!" My mother called out as the front door opened. I immediately backed away from Nick as she walked in carrying half a dozen grocery bags. "Oh, Nick, it's good to see you again."

"Likewise, Ms. Rosewood." He gave her an easy smile and I was pretty sure my mother blushed. "Here, let me help you with those." He stood up and I let out the breath I'd been holding. I didn't even have a second to try and process what he'd said.

"Oh, thank you, you're a dear." My mom said as Nick took the heavy grocery bags from her with ease. "Right there in the kitchen is fine." When he disappeared through the kitchen, my mom turned to me and raised her eyebrows with an excited grin. I shrugged in response.

"Nick, can I offer you something to drink? Some coffee or tea?"

Nick reappeared and grabbed the jacket he'd left on the couch next to me. "Thanks, but I actually have to get home soon to pack."

Pack? "Alright, well I'll be in the kitchen if you guys need anything. Have a good trip!" My mom sauntered off and Nick turned to me.

"So, where are you going? Spontaneous road trip?" I asked as I stood up, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Something like that." Nick shrugged on his jacket. "I'm going upstate to Silin Heights for a week or two to visit an old cousin of mine." I walked him to the door.

"Oh. That's nice."

"Honestly, it's going to be boring as hell, but I haven't seen him in a while so I thought I'd drop by." He said simply, but something in his tone made me curious.

"Well, thank you again... for everything. I'm really embarrassed you had to take care of me and for ruining your night."

"Sam, you don't have to feel embarrassed with me. Besides, I think I like you better when you're drunk."

"Well, I hope you enjoyed the show, because that is never going to happen again."

"We'll see. I'm a bad influence on you, remember?" I grinned. "And when I get back, I'm taking you out to this new restaurant-bar that just opened up, and I won't take no for an answer. I'll even get you your favorite: cheap tequila. So keep the Advil handy." He mocked and my heart skipped a beat. Did he just say what I thought he said?

"Okay." I breathed out. It was all I could think to say.

"Alright then," He gave me a slow smile, and I could feel myself burning up. "It's a date."

It was?  "Okay." Is that the only word you know? "Have a nice trip." I completed so I wouldn't feel like a complete idiot.

"See you soon, Sammi." He started to walk away as I watched him when he turned around suddenly. "Oh, and try not to do anything reckless while I'm gone, will you?"

"I'll do my best." I answered back, with that, he turned back around, got in his car and drove off. I closed the door and leaned against it, the headache suddenly completely gone as I registered what had just happened.

I had a date with Nicholas Carter.

———
Thank you for reading! Ahh I'm so excited, you guys have no idea what I have in store for the next couple chapters...

What do you think will happen? Are you guys excited Nick and Sam finally have a date? As always, let me know your thoughts!