When I finally came to, the sheer exhaustion wouldn't let me walk just yet. I pulled myself up to my bed and reluctantly started to drift off again.

I was drained, but at least in my sleep, I wouldn't have to think. For a while.

---

Knock knock.

No.

Knock knock.

I was going to murder whoever was at the door. I rolled out of bed half-asleep and audibly groaned as I made my way to the door. I passed a note as I made my way through the kitchen.

"Sam, went to the store. Back soon! - Mom"

Knock kno- "What?" I snapped as I whipped the door open, the bright daylight flooding my eyes making me blind for a few seconds.

"Good morning to you too, Sammi." I was awake in an instant, my eyes blinked as I narrowed my eyes at the figure.

Nick stood there, leaning against the door frame casually, signature sly smile spread on his face. He looked good, his hair was damp and slightly messy, and the shadow of a beard had started to grow in again, making his features all that sharper. "Sleep well, I see?" He said as he took me in. I looked down at myself, I cringed when I imagined just how messed up I probably looked. Especially compared to him.

"You woke me up."

"It's two pm."

I squinted at him, the sunlight beaming in from behind him was seriously leaving me blind. "I'm failing to see your point."

"I think you're failing to see pretty much anything right now." He smirked.

"If you came to mock me about yesterday, you can save it. I already feel like an idiot."

"You're not an idiot, Sammi. You just have a hangover. Besides," He smiled as he held up a thermos and a bottle of Advil. "I come bearing gifts." My heart melted the slightest bit. "But also to mock you a little bit." Rolling my eyes, I opened the door all the way, inviting him to come in. I couldn't help the slight grin that grew on my face.

---

That coffee was pure heaven. The hot liquid burned my tongue and throat as I drank, but I couldn't bring myself to care too much. I gulped it down along with a couple of Advil, desperately needing the caffeine to kick in, and leaned back on the couch. "Ugh, thank you. You're a lifesaver." I said to Nick as he walked out of the kitchen after raiding my fridge for a beer. He made his way across the room and plopped down next to me on the couch, kicking his feet up on the coffee table.

"Well, Sammi, I wouldn't call myself a hero, exactly-"

"I didn't say that."  The beer made a sharp hissing sound as he opened it, I scrunched my nose and turned away. I couldn't stand to even look at anything alcohol-related right now.

"Lifesaver, hero, same thing. But anyway," He waved me off, and I rolled my eyes as I hugged my knees to my chest, amused. "I figured this would probably be the first hangover you've had, and it would be selfish of me not to share my tips."

"Okay, one, this is not the first hangover I've had, by a long shot. And two-" He narrowed his eyes and raised a doubtful eyebrow. "What?"

"Well, come on, you really expect me to believe the same Sammi that wouldn't be caught dead at a party a couple of months ago has gotten hangovers before?" Well, not exactly the same Sammi.

"If you must know, I used to go out. A lot."

"Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me you were actually fun once? I'm not buying this." He shook his head in disbelief and crossed his arms.