Part 3: A New School

Avery's P.O.V-

I groaned as I turned on to my side. It's been a week since we moved to this small town. I squinted at the alarm clock on my nightstand and slowly got up. 'Guess it's time to get ready for school.' I sighed and walked to my closet pulling out an outfit.

(He's wearing this but w/the black necklace w/the red gem instead of the dog tag)

I walked down stairs and saw both my parents in the kitchen. My mom was making breakfast in her pj's. My dad was in his uniform drinking a cup of coffee. "Morning bud, I'm going to drive you to school today." I looked over and smiled at my dad saying "Thanks, but wont you be busy other times, I could just walk to school." My dad shook his head and said "Nope, I can take you today, and once I get a patrol car you can drive yourself to school." (They only have one car btw.) I nod and grab a piece of toast off of a plate. "Bye mom," "Bye sweetie have a good day at school." She walked over and gave my dad a kiss on the cheek saying "Have a good day dear." My dad smiled and said "No worries." He kissed her cheek and walked out the door. I followed him out and got in the car. After a while of driving we finally got too the school. I got out of the car and waved to my dad. He waved back and drove off. I looked up at the school and sighed.

 I looked up at the school and sighed

(The school looks like this)

Then I felt someone watching me again. I slowly turned around and saw the same guy from last night watching the school from across the street. I stared at him and he noticed me. He waved so I waved back. He smiled and walked off down the street. I shook my head realizing a guy had come in my room last night and it wasn't a dream. I sighed and walked into the school trying to figure out who that guy was. I was distracted and bumped into someone in the hall. "Oh sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." I looked up and saw some guy in a letter-mans jacket. 'Great I had to run into a jock.' He was a lot taller than me so he was staring down at me. I looked up at him waiting for him to say something. "It's all good dude! I don't recognize you so you must be new here! I'm Dylan nice to meet you!" I blinked in surprise not expecting him to be so friendly. I've had bad experiences with jocks. All the ones at my old school were horrible to me. "I'm Avery, it's nice to meet you." Dylan smiled at me and said "So, need any help finding your way around?" I nodded and said "Yeah, could you show me the way to the principals office?" Dylan nodded and I started following him down the hallway. After a few minutes of walking we ended up at the office. Dylan waved and shouted as he walked off "I'll see you later Avery!" I nodded and called back "Yeah sure!" I turned my attention to the door and knocked. I heard a woman's voice say "Come in." I walked in and saw a woman sitting at a desk typing away on a computer. "I'm here to see the principal about my schedule, I'm new here and it's my first day." She looked up from her screen and said "Have a seat over there, I'll tell the principal the new student is here." I nodded and sat down twiddling my thumbs. She got up from her desk and walked to another door. Knocking on it she said "Sir, the new student is here to see you." A man's voice came through the door saying "Let him in." She nodded and turned to me saying "You can go in now." I stood up and thanked her before I walked to the door. I carefully opened it and saw a middle aged man in a black suit sitting behind a large desk. "Have a seat Mr. Avery." I nodded and sat down across from him. "So your first day here at our school, how are you feeling?" I paused for a moment before answering "A little nervous to be honest sir." He nodded and said "Understandable, well don't you worry you'll adjust in no time." He clapped his hands together and went to a filing  cabinet. He opened the top drawer and pulled out some papers. "Now I have some paperwork you and your folks will have to fill out and return as soon as possible. And here's your schedule." He hands me a schedule of all my classes and I looked over it.

" He hands me a schedule of all my classes and I looked over it

(Here's his schedule. He has photography.)

I finished looking over it and set it on the desk for a second. I grabbed the paperwork and put it in my bag. After I closed my bag up again I grabbed my schedule. Throwing my bag on my shoulder I stood up asking "Is there anything else?" The principal shook his head "No, if you wait out there for a minute someone will come get you and show you around the school." I nodded and left his office saying "Thanks." I closed the door and sat back down in one of the chairs. The woman from before was gone. 'Probably getting someone to show me around.' After a while she came back with Dylan following behind her. "Sup dude!" I waved at him and stood up. "I'll be showing you around this lovely school of ours." Dylan said with a grin. I smiled back and followed him out of the office. I waved to the woman as I walked out she glanced up and waved back at me. Closing the door I followed Dylan to begin the tour of the school.