Part 1: A New Beginning

Avery's P.O.V-

I watched a bunch of trees fly by the window. I sighed knowing we we're in the middle of nowhere. "Remind me again why we're moving out here?" I ask my two parents in the front seat of our car. My dad sighed and kept driving. My mom looked at me through the rear-view mirror and said "We've talked about this hun. Your dad found a new job down here as a police officer." "I know, but why here, it's the middle of nowhere, I wont know a single soul." (Author- Or so you think.) My mom looked me straight in the eyes and said "Don't you worry, you'll make friends in no time. Maybe even find yourself a boyfriend?" I went red and looked out the window. Yes both my parents know I'm gay, I came out to them a year ago and they supported me instantly. I'm lucky to have them as my parents. I have a friend who came out to her parents as bi-sexual and they were livid, they even kicked her out. Me and my parents took her in. She's in college now and has a girlfriend, both are practically like my sisters. I stared out the window until my eyelids grew heavy. 'Guess I'll take a nap.' Then I drifted off for a few hours.

*Few Hours Later*

No Ones P.O.V-

The family of three pulled up to an old house. The car parked and the two parents got out of the car. The mom knocked on one of the backseat windows.

Avery's P.O.V-

I woke up to my mom knocking on my window. I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see an old house.

 I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see an old house

(Like that but older and it's night time now.)

I got out of the car and grabbed my suitcase. The moving van was coming tomorrow with all our stuff. I sighed and walked up to the door opening it and heading inside. "I'm going to pick a room!" I yelled out to my parents as I walked upstairs. As I walked upstairs I opened a door finding a set of stairs leading upwards.

 As I walked upstairs I opened a door finding a set of stairs leading upwards

(Like this but without the lights and narrower.)

I stare up the dark staircase and decide to check it out later. 'Maybe the people who lived here left some cool things up there?' I walk off and open another door finding a bedroom with a conjoining bathroom. I shrug, knowing the masters downstairs so I decide to take this room. I throw my stuff at the foot of the bed and flop down on it. Surprisingly dust doesn't come from the bed sheets. I lay there for a bit before heading back out of my room. I walk past the attic door and stop. Pulling out my phone I open the door and turn on my flash light. Looking for a switch I find one next to the door on the wall. I flick the switch on and a few lights flicker and come on up above. I keep my flashlight on and slowly walk up the stairs. When I get to the top I see a couple of boxes stacked around the room, an old wardrobe, and some wooden chests. I go over to a box and open it. Dust come out and I wave my hands to clear it. Inside were some old records. I got bored quick and went to the old wardrobe. I opened it and found some moth eaten dresses on a few hooks. At the bottom was an old necklace. It had a beautiful red colored gem in the center. The chain was a black colored metal. I carefully picked it up and placed it around my neck. It fit perfectly and I loved the way it looked on me. I tucked it in my shirt and closed the wardrobe. 'If they left it here then I can keep it.' I walked back down the stairs and turned off the lights closing the door. I heard my mom calling me from downstairs so I went to see what she wanted.