Chapter Thirty Four : Megan's Alone Day

Megan's alarm went off and she immediately hit the snooze button. She laid in bed for a good half hour crying before her phone buzzed. It was Charlie.

Mistress Charlie to Pretty Little Slut: Good morning beautiful! 😘

Pretty Little Slut to Mistress Charlie: morning. I'm going to be really busy today and won't have much time to text.

Charlie frowned. Megan always said "good morning." She never only said morning unless something was wrong. Charlie shrugged it off and assumed it was just because Megan was stressed.

Mistress Charlie to Pretty Little Slut: ok babe, thanks for letting me know :)

Megan sighed and dragged herself out of bed, leaving Charlie on read. She managed to take a shower. And by take a shower, I mean she sat in the tub with the shower turned on full heat as she cried until the water turned cold. Megan got dressed in a pair of black leggings and a grey sweatshirt with a dream catcher on it.

She made her way out of the apartment and drove to a small sandwich place. She ordered what had been Kathryn's favorite. She also got two sugar cookies, also Kathryn's favorite. Megan took her food to a park where her and Kathryn visited almost every weekend. Megan found a spot in the shade and began eating her food and stared out across the pond in front of her.

"Megan?" Came Charlie's voice.

Charlie and Lucas had gone to Gregorio's office to surprise Megan with some lunch, but found she wasn't there. Gregorio had told them she requested the day off. Puzzled, Charlie texted Megan several times, but Megan had her phone on do not disturb. Charlie had spotted her in the park as they drove by, quickly turning around. Megan stiffened at Charlie's words. Then she sighed and sat her sandwich down. She looked down at the ground.

"Megan, what are you doing here? I thought you were busy?" Lucas asked.

"I..." Megan barely got out a word.

"Is there something you're not telling us?" Charlie asked softly.

Megan couldn't contain it. She bursted into tears. Charlie and Lucas were so taken aback, they had no idea what to do. Finally, after a moment, Lucas knelt down next to her. He placed a hand under her chin and made her look at him. He had concern evident on his features. Megan broke down crying even more and threw herself into his arms, almost knocking him off balance. He enveloped her Im a hug and held her tight.

"What's wrong baby?" Charlie asked softly as she rubbed Megan's back.

"This is the anniversary of my grandma's death.." Megan said barely a whisper.