chapter 1

It was the first year of Beacon academy for a new batch of students. 

Among them was Y/n. His friends were messing around and would catch up eventually.  

But Y/n would find himself in trouble. 

Y/n wasn't watching where he was going and found himself bumping into a fourth year student. Who wasn't happy about it.

Student: Watch where you are going!

Y/n tried to apologize in sign language. But to no avail.  The angry student was only getting madder and madder.  But Y/n would have a savior.

Y/n felt a hand on the top of his head.  He saw the hand lightly push him backwards.

Y/n In head: Maniac!

Maniac: *enraged* Who the hell do you think you are!? Yelling at a mute person! 

Student: The little shit-head bumped into me!

Maniac: *sarcastic* Want some cheese for that whine?  Grow the fuck up.

The student went to throw a punch. But found his punch caught.

Maniac: Dumbass. 

Maniac squeezed the hand until he heard it break. The student screamed in pain as Maniac let go of him.

Maniac looked at Y/n.

Maniac: *points to mouth* Hungry?

Y/n nods.

Maniac puts his thumbs up and they walk away. 

They run into the rest of strike team s and the other two teams.

They got through initiation pretty easily.

The first day of classes would start. Y/n had to bunk with strike team s. Which is better than being with the psycho team.

The team began to walk to classes.  While Y/n couldn't keep track of the conversations that the others were having, he was just enjoying life.

Suddenly they turned a corner and Y/n found himself staring at a familiar face. Coco Adel. 

Coco and Y/n stared at each-other for a few seconds. 

Coco: Y-Y/n?!

Y/n looked at her in disbelief. 

Strike team s looks at the two.

Maniac: This is awkward.

Purple: This got weird, fast.

Y/n gave a slight wave.

Maniac: Do you know her?

Y/n: *in sign* I'll tell you later.

Maniac nodded.

Coco: U-um. I...should go.

Coco walked past them.

Free: That was fucking weird.

Maniac: Let's move. We don't want to be late.   

A few days later. They were out training against some Grimm.

Maniac: Alright boys, slow down. Let Y/n get a few.  

Y/n nods and pulls out his automatic rifle with a bayonet on the end.

He kneels and kills a few beowolves before rolling away from one that lunges at him. 

Y/n stabs the beowolf and kills it. He continues to fight through more and more Grimm. Suddenly he was about to meet his end by a nevermore that went to grab him.

Free shoots the nevermore through the brain and it crashes to the ground.

Free: I got ya back.

Maniac: You did good, Y/n. I think that's enough for today. We'll mop up the rest.

Y/n nods and sits down as strike team s decimate the remaining Grimm. 

They went and got some food. It was a crowd of people. Y/n thought he saw a familiar figure in the crowd. One he was very afraid of. He began to panic. His breathing became heavy. His friends immediately noticed.

Free: Y/n? You good bud?

Y/n backed up into Maniac who put his hands onto Y/n's shoulders.

Maniac: I got ya mate.  

The crowd got more dispersed and Y/n no longer thought that he saw the familiar figure. Y/n calmed down.

Free: We good?

Y/n nods. And attempts to apologize in sign.

Maniac: Don't worry about it. We know it's hard on ya. 

They go ahead and order food. They sit down and get to eating. But little did they know that they were being watched from around a corner.

?: I found you, Y/n. You tried to run fron me. But I've found you. And I won't let you go unpunished. 

Maniac can feel the eyes on them and looks in the direction the stalker is. But they get around the corner before he can see them. He assumes that he is being paranoid and goes back to eating.