We got on board without too many questions about our age and why we were going to the Rocky Mountains, but ten minutes after we sat down the plane took off and we were on our way. We weren't going straight to the Rocky's. There was no flight that went straight from Manhattan to the Mountains. So we would fly to Chicago and from there rent a car and drive our way there. Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We welcome you to Chicago Flying. You are now boarded on the flight to Chicago. We will arrive there in a little less than five hours. For your information...
The rest what was being said through the intercom I didn't even hear anymore. I had already zoned out, thinking about what was doing.  I'm on a plane in the mortal world trying to achieve one of the dangerous quests there have ever been.  I smiled a little bit, knowing that if I would have told my mom, she would never have let me go.
I looked to my right, watching Eve and Ann sleeping already, even on a trip this short. I watched Ann for a while, just simply thinking how grateful I already was for her coming with us. Perhaps without her, we wouldn't even have gotten on the plane. Gods, I start thinking like some of those Disney movies where your opinion changes in one day. I had to smile at that. Maybe I was starting to think like that. But I had to admit, I couldn't have been more grateful for Eve and Ann to come along with me.

-----

'Remind me to never..' I started saying when I had to lean over the toilet again. I emptied my already stomach and saw dinner of yesterday evening floating at the bottom. 'Ever travel by plane again!' I managed to say when I felt another urge to vomit come up.
Eve stood behind me and soothed me by rubbing my back. Ann seemed a little sick herself now that she had seen what had come out of my mouth.
'Next time, I will believe my dad when he says it's not safe for a descendant of Poseidon to fly in Zeus' domain,' I said as I stood up and flushed the toilet.
I went to the tap and washed my mouth with water for what felt like a hundred times before I had the feeling my mouth was a little more cleaned up again.
'Are you okay now?' Eve asked worriedly.
I nodded. Now that there was nothing in my stomach left, my body was starting to start over again. 'What's next?' I asked Ann.
She was standing in the door opening, keeping an eye on our little luggage and pointed to the exit of the airport. 'We rent a car.'
I looked at her curiously. 'You have a driving license?'
Ann grinned at me and held up a pass. 'Only four the last four-hundred-and-fifty years.'
'Don't you have to renew it like, every ten years or something?' Eve asked, hoisting his bag on his back.
'Yeah,' Ann answered. 'But I've had over fifty driving licenses. This one is on my real name again.'
'Real name?' I asked as we started walking towards the exit.
Ann nodded. I've had a few fake ID's along the way. With those ID's came driving licenses too.'
'What did you do with them?' Eve asked.
'I burned each one after I received a new one. Couldn't have anyone finding out, right?' Ann grinned while saying it, but somewhere behind the smile I saw the truth.
She had hated it. She hated not being herself and having to have to live with a fake identity every time must have been hard on her.
I decided not to bring it up as we walked out of the airport, into the open sky.

I looked around, finding the company that was renting cars almost immediately. We walked over, not knowing what to expect when we would enter, but we certainly didn't expect some weird dude welcoming us like we hadn't seen each other in years and offering us a cup of coffee.
We glanced at each other, but none of us seemed to have seen this guy ever before. All of this seemed wrong. The alarm bells started ringing in my head when the guy came up to us with three cups of coffee that seemed to glow.
'We're going to have to recline,' Ann said carefully, 'because we are in a bit of a hurry. We want to rent a car because we need transport to visit our family.'
The guy seemed to brush her off with a shake of his hand. 'Oh nonsense. I believe we can discuss which car you want to rent while enjoying a drink, don't we?'
I almost couldn't hear anything because of the ringing sounds in my head. 'No. We came here for a car, anything else we're not interested in.'
The guy looked at me with narrowed eyes, the fake welcoming expression completely vanished off his face. I'm going to be deaf, I thought as I watched him.
Suddenly his eyes started to flicker, changing colour and leaving only one eye. 'Oh darling, I'm not interested in anything you say either. But it doesn't matter, because I already have you where I wanted you to be. In my kitchen for dinner!'
Gods, why didn't I think of this any sooner, I thought when the dude changed into an 8 feet tall Cyclops.