"If you can arrange a halfling and a demi-human for us to play with," Hakken said, smiling maliciously, and then handed Ishya a pouch filled with gold coins, "it'll be so much appreciated."

"I will arrange it personally." Ishya accepted the small pouch full of gold coins with a pleased smiled. "Would you like to have a meal before playing? It's on the house."

"Thank you, but we're okay with alcohol and some snacks to go with it," Hakken answered.

Ishya nodded and stepped out of the room. The moment the door to the room closed, Sollel sighed heavily and faced Hakken. "We should act like a couple when that woman returns to avoid suspicion."

Hakken showed his slightly burnt hand. "After you gave me this?"

Sollel looked away. "You didn't let go of my hand when I asked you to. Serves you right for holding my hand like that without my consent."

Hakken tilted his head to the side, trying to peek at the face inside the hood, but when he didn't see anything, he offered his other hand that was not burnt at Sollel. "Then may I hold your hand, my lady?"

Sollel answered Hakken by placing her hand on his palm, "Just don't interlock our fingers. It's uncomfortable."

Hakken couldn't help the smile that graced his lips as he held Sollel's hand. "Is this okay, my lady?"

"Yes."

"May I continue holding your hand, my lady?"

"Why?"

"To be more believable, of course." Hakken had an innocent smile, but Sollel was not buying it. "We're married after all—and very intimate, I might add, my lady."

Sollel just sighed at Hakken's coquettishness.

"What's with the sigh?" Hakken was having a good night that he couldn't help teasing his lady. "Am I not to your liking, my lady?"

Sollel knew Hakken was just playing around, and she couldn't help playing along. Two could play his game. "I admit you are a very attractive man—easy on the eyes, witty, smart, and strong." Hakken beamed until Sollel added, "But still not enough to charm and captivate me."

Hakken's smile disappeared for only a second before a playful one stretched his lips. "Then I must work hard to charm and captivate my lady."

Sollel just stared at Hakken's determined face, and even how much she tried to read and understand him, she just couldn't. Hakken was like a ball of mystery to her. She wanted to unravel him, but she had a feeling it wouldn't do her any good, so she just let him be most of the time. But at that moment, as Hakken took a step closer to her—close enough that Hakken could see the outline of Sollel's lips under the hood—Sollel had the strong urge to know this man, to unravel the mystery around him.

"What are you doing, Hakken?" Sollel asked firmly when Hakken's body was nearly touching hers.

"I want to kiss you, my lady," Hakken answered honestly.

"Are you that desperate to die by my hands, Hakken?" Sollel inquired. "I'll burn you."

Hakken just smiled before he leaned in. Sollel was ready to release her flame if Hakken dared, but instead of a kiss on the lips, Hakken kissed the back of her hand.

Sollel didn't know how to react that she felt gratitude to Ishya when she knocked and entered the room together with two individuals wearing cloaks and holding a tray with alcohol and snacks.

Ishya smiled at Hakken and Sollel before motioning her hands at her two companions and signaled them to take off their cloak—one halfling and one demi-human, both wearing slave collars made of pure iron. "They will serve you thoroughly. You can play with them however you like. If the play became rough and they died, you will pay an extra fee worth one hundred and fifty gold coins per head. But if the damage you inflicted on our goods is reparable, then the fee will be lessened to half."