•2• Truth Serum

Karen

"What do you mean you have DID too? I've known you my entire life and I never knew this. How- no, when did that happen?" I asked.

James chuckled at my statement.

"I knew you would ask me that. Come sit down, let me tell you a little story." James said, walking over to the couch.

Twinkie and I followed behind him and took seats beside him with me sitting in the middle next to J and Smoke standing up with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"I know that you may have a lot of questions so I'll start with the first one. When I was eight years old I was bullied severely. It was so bad to the point that I was chased through neighborhoods everyday and one day it turned violent. A boy in particular put my face in some dirty mud water and tried to drown me. They held me down and wouldn't let me go. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I eventually passed out and when I woke up I woke up in the hospital. I'd been beaten so badly I was barely recognizable. Of course, when you're eight years old in the seventh grade things like that traumatize you. So, that continued from seventh grade to my senior year. My senior year is when my alters were born and I was rebirthed from them. They stood up for me and finally I felt as though I could breathe again. That's how my journey of Dissociative Identity Disorder began." James explained.

"Wait, first I want to start by saying how truly sorry I am." I said.

"It's okay, everyone has things they're not proud of."

"No really, I am. You didn't deserve that. You didn't deserve any of that." I said.

"It's okay cuz. As the years went on I went through therapy and learned to forgive. It's all good. I'm now happier than I've ever been. I've found peace with my situation and life and I have contentment. Life couldn't be better." James smiled.

I smiled too. Knowing he'd been through that and I never knew any of it which I should've considering we all went to the same school made me sad. One thing we had in common was being bullied in school.

"Now, I'm aware that you've had your alters way before me. Yours started when an unfortunate childhood trauma then you were bullied in school by Genesis Stone and her little groupies henceforth Quinn was birthed along with the rest."

"You're right, but I'm still baffled. How is it that I've known you my entire life but never knew you had alters. I've been in the studio with you during our younger days and you never displayed any signs of anything. Am I missing something James?" I asked.

James chuckled softly at my statement.

"Well, the difference between me and you is that I learned to conquer my disorder. You however are still having problems. Elbernita told me about your recent endeavor that Inez in particular has gotten you in. Do you care to expound more on that?"

"I, ummm...." I looked at Twinkie and she mouthed to me that it was okay.

"She having trouble saying it so I'll say it dawg. Apparently her alter made a pass at me during the time her husband my best friend faked his death. We were both so fucked up that we ended up sleeping together and now we here." Smoke said.

James looked at me then at my pregnant bump. His eyes then darted back up at me.

"Those babies, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming it's more than one in there. Are those babies you are carrying his or your husband's?"

"I-" Smoke cut me off.

"She thinks they're mine. She doesn't know."

"Maurice, PLEASE! Can you please shut the hell up and let me speak for myself." I snapped.