Part 8

Albedo finally got home at basically midnight.

"Albedo!" Kaeya ran over to him and hugged him, "Get off me you psycho!" Albedo pushed Kaeya off of him and went to his room.
The tone in Albedos voice broke Kaeya's heart, he wondered if it was even worth it to love Albedo. Though he knew he could never stop loving him.

——————

Albedo got under a blanket in his room and instantly started crying, he didn't want to marry Kaeya. He hated his mother.

He didn't know how to get out of this, he couldn't milk himself..that would be stupid, he worked hard to be where he is so ending his life would just make it all mean nothing.

He couldn't kill Kaeya either, his mother would suspect it was him.
But his mother..she had been very ill..she tried to hid it though.

If he somehow killed his mother, he would blame it on the sickness and get away with it, and he wouldn't have to marry Kaeya!

Albedo got up and got himself collected before he went downstairs and made 'soup'. The truth was Albedo had been studying things like potions, and more things like that.

So he had some in a cabinet. He took out one that had a green liquid in it and poured it into the soup. He finished the soup and poured it into a bowl.

He put it on a tray and added a glass of water. He went to where his mother usually was, it was an empty room, but nice because you could see the outside view if you opened the shoji. Albedo placed the tray in front of his mother, "I made you soup. Since you're ill." Albedo said, "Soup? I don't need something so childish, it won't cure me." She looked away, trying not to make eye contact with Albedo.

"It actually helps you, please just eat it." Albedo looked at his mother.
Albedos mother slowly looked at the soup, not letting a expression slip on her face.

"I guess I can have some." She picked up the spoon and dipped it in the soup. She brought it to her mouth and dark the soup that was on her spoon. "I'll let you eat." Albedo said then got up from seating next to his mother.

Albedo was about to put a hand to the doorknob when his mother spoke, "I know what you put in this Albedo.".

Albedo let out a sharp gasp and shook a bit.
"You're trying to kill me so you don't have to marry him, is that correct?" She said while looking out the shoji.

Albedo looked at his mother, "If you knew, why'd you eat it?" Albedo asked with hesitation.

"Because I want to die Albedo." She replied fast, she watched as the birds flew, singing their love songs to one another.

"What..?" Albedos eyes widened, "I want to die, that's what I wish for. And what better why to go then to be murdered by your own son." She added.

"You should call the police, I'll be dead by the time you finish the call." She looked at Albedo with her expressionless face.
"M..mother.." Albedo muttered while trying to walk over to his mother, he was trembling.

"Yes, Albedo?" She replied with a small smile that slipped on her face.
Albedo felt the tears stream down his face as he trembled.
"I..I'm sorry.." Albedo could barely speak.

Albedos mother let out a little soft laugh, "No need to be sorry my dear.." she said.
"You haven't done anything wrong. It's just others around you that have." She looked away and looked back out the shoji.

"I love you, Albedo. I always have.." She looked down a bit with a small smile.
"Your father will be thrilled to know that you've grown into a fine young man." She added softly.

Albedo stood there, trembling in some sort of fear and regret.
"N..no.. I can fix this..please," Albedo said while tears ran down his cheeks and eventually ended up on the floor.

"I don't want you to see me die Albedo, please..leave." She said while taking one last look at Albedo.
Albedo looked at her with tears in his eyes and nodded. "I..love you, mother." Albedo said looking right into his mothers eyes, he then walked out the door.

He ran to the phone and called for an ambulance.

——————

When the ambulance came, his mother was already dead. Not much a surprise, he did kill her himself.
But, did he really if she knew? Was it suicide or a murder? Maybe both.

Kaeya was there when the ambulance took her away, "Hey..Albedo..are you, alright..?" Kaeya reached out a hand then pulled it back, knowing it would make it worse.

Albedo looked up at him, he looked up at the face that he once loved..and maybe still does. He looked up at the face that abused him and used him. He looked up at the face that, loved him.

Albedo hugged Kaeya while crying, he couldn't help himself. He needed someone, and Kaeya was the only one there. "It's all..it's all my f..fault!" Albedo weeped, "It's not..it's alright, it isn't your fault, you couldn't do anything about it..she was ill, like you told me. It happened by itself." Kaeya hugged Albedo back.

Little did he know that it truly was Albedos fault that his mother was now dead, he didn't even know why he didn't think about it longer before giving his mother that soup. He was mad at her so he couldn't really re-think anything that he was doing.

Albedo and Kaeya watched as the ambulance drove away.
Prince came over to Albedo and put his head against Albedos leg. Albedo picked him up and hugged him, having a dog really was comforting.

Kaeya also felt like bursting out in tears by just seeing Albedo cry.

He did think it was odd how Albedo spent so much time in the room that his mother was in before she had died though.