Chapter 8

Bowdey was asleep in the backseat, when they pulled up in front of a huge three-story home. Deacon took one of Bowdey’s arms, wrapping it around his neck, holding his wrist with one hand and wrapping his other arm around Bowdey’s waist. They made it to the front porch as the front door opened suddenly. “What do you want “hunter”?” The Silver Wolves pack leader, Tate beamed. “Please help me. You're the only other one I can think of that might.” Tate eyed him cautiously. “Sorry “hunter”. I don’t believe in the old saying, “keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” Tate smiled evilly. “Tate please. He’s been bound.” With that, Tate’s eyebrows raised to his hairline as his smile faded. “How is that even possible? I thought he was human? Who’s he bound to?” “Makenna. I think she created it and I am hoping you can break it.” Tate motioned for them to come inside. “Lay him down.” Deacon did as the pack moved closer, surrounding them in the dining room. “I’ve never felt a bond like this before. Usually a bond like this is made when they choose their mate such as wolves in a pack. Are you sure he’s human?” Deacon looked at him surprised. “What?! Of course he’s human!” “I don’t know what this is; but it’s almost like it’s a mate’s bond. That’s unbreakable. Was his mother a Lycan?” Deacon’s jaw tightened. “His mother was human. She was killed by a half breed.” Tate sighed heavily and shook his head. “I’m sorry Deacon. I wish I could tell you something; but I will tell you Makenna didn’t do this.” Tate explained. “What? And how do you know that? She had to. He obviously didn’t do it.” “I am telling you Makenna isn’t a full blooded vampire. A half breed can’t form a bond like this or one at all for that matter.” “Then what do I do?” Deacon and the Silver Wolf pack looked at each other then down at Bowdey.