Chapter 6

“A what?!” Makenna yelled. “A bond between you and him.” “That’s not possible. He’s a hunter. I can’t form a bond with him.” Makenna sighed. “Well technically you can’t form a bond with anybody; but im not sure how or why there’s one between the two of you unless he’s not human.” “Valen I didn’t ok?!” Valen threw his hands up laughing. “Sorry. I am just saying, there must be more to him than you thought if there’s a bond now. I’ve never known a half breed vampire, that was able to create a bond like this. You said you feel weak when you get farther from him?” “Yes! Just tell me wht to do about it!” The smile fadded from his lips suddenly. “Makenna I don’t know if you can? It doesn’t make sense. I’ve heard of people being bound together by a spell; but even then, whatever happens to him wouldn’t affect you at all. This isn’t any ordinary bond.” Makenna rolled her eyes. How could she be so careless as to let something like this happen? They had never gotten that close and the second they actually do, a bond is formed between the two? She mentally kicked herself. He was a hunter. Meant solely to hunt her down and kill her, in return her main goal was to kill him before he did her. Suddenly she thought baout him, and how “human” he looked. He was very attractive, and although hunter’s were like immortals, they weren’t like others. No abilities, no magic, no shapeshifting. They just never aged, and had superb hunting skills, and were exceptionally strong. They were all different of course, but most hunters stopped ageing by their mid twenties. She thought about Bowdey. He was technically twenty-six. Standing at 6 foot, with dark brown hair that hung just above his neon green eyes, perfect facial features and strong set jaw carved his face like a greek god. His shoulder’s, strong and muscular. Makenna remembered back to the day, when she had seen him the first time. He had been running and wearing nothing but his shorts. She had eyed his washboard, 12 pack abbs, woundering if they felt as good as they looked, His abdomen looked like pure muscle leading down to his beautifully sculpted pelvic muscles that peaked from the top of the band on his shorts. Before she knew he was, she had thought he was gorgeous. Now the images flooded her memory with force. She didn’t want to think of him this way. She couldn’t. He was hunting to kill her, and her to kill him. “Ugh this stupid bond!” Makenna groaned. Valen watched her in a hazzy look. “I just thought of something.” Valen sighed. “What?” Makenna asked flatly, crossing her arms. “If there’s a bond between you two, that means that  you can use this new “bond” to find him.” “And what exactly? Kill him? Because I have a really bad feeling that if I try and kill him now that I probably would be trying to kill myself to.”