Just an Alien and His Human

"Eddie, what are you eating?"
Eddie swallowed some of his beef jerky and smiled at the curious symbiote hovering close.
"Beef jerky," he said. "It's the spicy kind."
"Who cares?! We want some!"
"Okay, you can have one bite." Venom looked upset.
"Eddie...."
"One. Bite."
"Fine."
Venom chomped down onto the jerky stick and swallowed all of it. Eddie stared at his now empty hand and sighed, annoyed.
"When I said one bite, I meant like, a nibble, not the whole thing," he said. "I forgot you could just unhinge your jaw." Venom licked his jagged teeth and smirked.
"Tastes like chicken, right?" Eddie asked.
Venom gasped.
"Don't refer to our snack as chicken, you're going to hurt Sonny and Cheer's feelings!" he whispered in fake concern. Venom waved him away when that tongue gently dipped inside his ear, tickling him.
"They're not even here!" he whined, pretending to be upset.
"Well, don't refer to chicken as tasty food! Because it's not! Chicken is not okay!"
"Well, don't refer to prison as fast food!" That earned him a well-deserved but gentle smack on the side of the head from a black tentacle.
"I can't help it! They're bad guys!"
"What did I tell you about that? Not everyone who goes to jail is bad. They could have false accusations filed against them and such, you know?"
"Yes, yes, you said so before, loser," Venom replied, poking Eddie's chest with the same tentacle. Eddie grinned.
"Don't get snippy," he muttered.
"Next time, you try to make us eat chicken we'll just make you eat a whole ghost pepper," Venom hissed good-naturedly.
"Hey, you do that and you're gonna fix it when I pass out," Eddie replied.
"Maybe it would be better that way," Venom smirked. "I could go eat bad guys."
"Yeah, yeah, but you wouldn't do that because you want to finish watching Aliens," Eddie said.
Venom gasped in fake concern.
"No! Eddie! We're sorry! We didn't mean it! We won't eat bad guys without your consent!"
"Okay, I got it," Eddie chuckled as he made his way over to the couch and plopped down, sighing. Grabbing the remote, he clicked the TV on and resumed watching their movie. They had paused it for Eddie to use a bathroom break and get a snack.
"I am much better than this apex predator, Eddie," Venom remarked as the people on the screen ran away from the large, black creature. "I would kill these people in an instant."
"Mm-Hmm." Eddie was only half-listening.
"Why does this alien have to take such a long time to catch them? Look! It's stumbling over everything! It's like it's trying to let them escape! Pathetic!"
Eddie giggled a little, liking how much Venom enjoyed the movie.
"Yeah..." he said, eyes still on the screen. Venom on the other hand, was looking at the man. Every time a scary part would happen or the alien jump scared someone, Eddie would jump.
"Why are you scared, Eddie? It's only a movie," Venom said, a little confused.
"Ah, it's for the fun of it, I guess. Not the jumping, but the thrill of being scared, you know?"
"Why would someone like to get scared?"
"Uh...it's fun?" Eddie said lamely. "I dunno, bud. It's just a human thing, I guess."
"Hmm."

Eddie was later getting ready for bed, taking off his shirt and pants to put on his favorite bed shirt and loose-fitting pajama pants. He almost smiled as he put them on. Venom had insisted that he buy them when they went out for more clothes. He had to admit, he did sort of like them, their green alien heads and large, white eyes spreading out in regular intervals across the material.
Just as he was turning around, he was suddenly met with the black head of his alien, staring down at him and very close to his face.
"Eddie."
"Ah!"
Startled, he scrambled backwards until the back of his legs hit the edge of his bed and he plopped onto the blankets with a slightly terrified expression on his face. Venom laughed and pounced on top of him, covering the man in black goo, making the man giggle a little as it slid around his neck and under his arms like a hug.
"Hey!" Eddie said, confused.
"Were you scared, Eddie?" Venom grinned as he slunk closer, head hovering close to Eddie's.
"What? Buddy, do you even hear my heart right now? It's going, like, five hundred miles per hour!" Eddie pressed a hand to his heart and breathed slower. "Just....why?"
"You said people liked getting scared for fun," Venom reminded him simply. "So I scared you."
"Hell, yeah, you did," Eddie replied. "But listen, bud, just...don't do that again, okay?"
"Why?"
"Just...please." The alien looked content enough.
"Fine." A grin split across its face. "Should have caught it on camera, Eddie. Your face was quite  entertaining."
"Ha, ha, very funny," Eddie replied, trying not to smile. "How did I even get scared anyway? I usually can feel it when you come out."
"Oh." Venom chuckled wickedly. "That was simple. I just tweaked your sensory nerves for a bit. But don't worry. They're good now. See? Look."
Eddie yelped as the symbiote whisked back inside of him in a rush, making his whole body tingle in a weird way.
"Whoa!" he gasped, getting hoisted to his feet by the alien. Venom laughed, bursting back out only to fly back inside, making Eddie fall back onto his bed.
"Venom!" Eddie cried, kind of annoyed but smiling. "Stop!"
"Okay." Venom's head appeared above Eddie's and the tongue came out to lick the man's cheek.
"Ew! Dude! No licking! That's gross!" Eddie grumbled weakly, trying to push the head away. Venom only hummed inside of him and licked his hand.
"Why? Dogs do it," Venom smirked. "Why is it different with me, hmm?"
"It's just...don't lick me," Eddie said, avoiding eye contact. "Please," he added after a moment of silence.
"Hmm, fine, Eddie. Are we going to bed now?"
"Yep. Got to get up early tomorrow," Eddie said as he got down under the covers. Venom helped him inside and pulled the blankets over him smugly, turning off the light with a tentacle. "Thanks, buddy."
"You're welcome," Venom replied. After a moment of quiet, he spoke again. "Why can't your interviews be later in the day? Why so early?" he questioned as he nuzzled into Eddie's neck and wrapped a few tentacles around his human in a flirty embrace. "We could just lay in bed longer and watch YouTube...."
"It's life, man, it's life," Eddie yawned. Venom lifted his head and smiled, his eyes and teeth all that Eddie could see in the dim light.
"After the interview, can we go to Mrs. Chen's? She said she had a new shipment of chocolates coming in last time," he asked eagerly.
"Sure, bud, we'll do that," Eddie replied with a smile. He felt something like a hand intertwine with his and squeeze. He sighed, content, and returned the squeeze, making Venom purr.
"Thank you, V."
Venom chuckled softly and pressed its mouth against Eddie's temple in a nuzzle-slash-kiss that had Eddie blushing.
"Anytime, Eddie."