Caught In The Act Part 2

[“Hey, Blaze, wanna hang out?”]

“Sure, AJ,” Blaze nodded as he spoke through the phone. “Darry’s out for the day, so I’m free to hang,”

[“Alright! I’ll just finish up helping here at the garage then I’ll make my way to your place, m’kay?”]

“Alright, see you soon,”

Blaze smiled and just hung up. Just as he did, his phone buzzed, and he answered the call.

“Hello?”

[“Hey, B!”] Darington’s voice echoed through the other end. [“Listen, I’m using… my friend’s phone since I left mine. Can you get it and place it on the coffee table at the living room, so I can get it when I swing by there?”]

“Uh, sure, okay!” Blaze nodded.

[“Thanks, B! It’s just in my… er, our room! Okay? Bye!”]

With that, the call ended. Blaze sighed and got up to head to the room. He found his boyfriend’s phone on the bed, buzzing with messages. He picked it up, causing the screen to open up. His eyes widened at the messages he saw.

[Love: Hon, can you give me a cuddle at my room? <3]

[Love: Honey bunch~ I want a little kissy-wissy~]

[Love: A little date, Darry-Bear?~ Just you and me!~ Tonight at 9, right after Blaze sleeps…~]

"What…?"

Blaze was hyperventilating as he dropped the phone on the bed.

Was this all that Darington did when he was out? Hanging out with some lover? How could he?! Who was he to DO all this?!

How could Darington betray him and cheat on him??

"B! I'm here for my phone!"

Blaze snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Darington, who smiled.

"There you are!" he then glanced down at his phone and frowned. "You didn't… LOOK inside my phone, did you? That's really a disrespect to privacy, you know,"

"I… DIDN'T." Blaze growled. "but I DID see some… interesting messages that I definitely did NOT send when I picked it up."

Darington's eyes widened before he sighed. "I need to explain that, huh?"

"Yes, PLEASE." Blaze crossed his tires.

“Well, it’s quite simple, B,” Darington smirked. “I’ve been cheating on you!”

“But why??” Blaze demanded, eyes filled with hurt. “I’ve been loyal to you for MONTHS! Almost a year, even!”

“Well, I haven’t been. For MONTHS,” Darington huffed and crossed his tires. “Look, Blaze, I’m coming clean; you are NOT the best guy to date. No wonder Starla broke up with you,”

“We… We parted in good ways!” Blaze defended. “Neither of us cheated on each other!”

“That’s the difference,” Darington cackled. “I wanted to SHOW you that you were SO unbearable that no one could stand NOT cheating on you!”

“I gave everything to you!” Blaze cried, not bothering to hold in the tears. “I did everything for you! And you backstab me like this?!”

“That’s the thing,” Darington huffed. “You say that you did everything and gave everything to me… but it still felt like it wasn’t enough and that you were holding back,”

“But--!”

“No more, buts,” Darington turned away. “I’ve already packed my stuff. I’ll be moving on from you. Bye!”

Blaze watched, hurt and horrified as the stunt truck exited the room, dragging his luggage down the hall. He drove off to go after him, to talk to him, to try to get him back.

But by the time he reached the door, Darington had thrown Stunt Kitty to the couch and left, slamming the door shut. Blaze fell on his tires, tears streaming down his cheeks as he watched the door being slammed on his face.

“I… I can’t believe it… He… He left me...”

X
X
X

“Oh, Blaze, I’m so sorry...” AJ frowned, patting his best friend’s back.

“I… I can’t believe that he just…. left me like that,” Blaze sobbed into his tires. “He cheated on me then had the nerve to… to leave me...”

“Shh, shh, it’s alright,” AJ hugged him. “I mean, no, it’s not okay, but whatever happened is not your fault,”

“Not my fault…? Really…?” Blaze looked doubtful. “AJ, he cheated on me and LEFT because of ME! What is wrong with me?!”

“Blaze, HE cheated on you,” AJ pointed out. “If there’s anyone who’s in the wrong, it’s HIM.”

“I… I guess...” Blaze sighed. “But now what?”

“Meow, meow,” Stunt Kitty purred against him with a smile.

“Yeah, Stunt Kitty’s right,” AJ chuckled. “The best thing to do now is take it easy, and you’ll move on,”

“Harder done than you think,” Blaze hissed.

“I know,” AJ sighed. “But don’t worry. I called our family to come and help you out,”

“Thanks, AJ,” Blaze gave a smile. “You’re the best little brother ever,”