1|2

Lotus cautiously started towards the feline, which she realized was stunningly yet tragically beautiful. The small Persian kitten's long white fur was matted with blood, and one of its light blue eyes was swollen shut. It caught sight of Lotus, who was nearly six feet away, and yowled in fear. The wounded kitten attempted to limp away, but crumpled to the ground in a contrasting mess of scarlet blood and white fur.

Lotus quickened her pace towards the cat. Once she reached the animal, it's one good eye was wide with terror. Lotus slowly kneeled down, keeping a safe distance from the possibly feral cat. Taking a breath, she let gently cooed as she tentatively reached a hand out. The kitten whimpered as Lotus' limb neared it, but didn't move away. Mustering up a bit of courage, she leaned forward and lightly stroked the cat behind an uninjured ear. To her surprise, a soft purring sounded from the hurt creature.

Lotus smiled and proceeded to slowly run her fingers over the small body, searching for the source of blood. After a few minutes of looking, she came into contact with a deep gash on the kitten's stomach, as well as two puncture holes in its neck.

"Jesus Christ," she mumbled under her breath, the pronunciation of her words hinting at an Irish accent, although she lived in Leavenworth, Washington.

Gently sliding her hands under the kitten's fragile body, Lotus lifted it and held the small animal close to her before hurrying home.