Chapter 9 :

'St Claire this is a time bomb you picked up!' her Director exclaimed with palpable concern.

'The evidence is all there Jeff,' I want Sutcliffe,' she demanded.

'Samantha do you know the can of worms you are opening?'

'Do you know your life is going to be turned upside down?'

'Do you know your life is never going to be the same?' He cautioned her.

'What's changed in the last four years?' she tossed out.

Her boss stared at her for a very long moment.

'Samantha tell me you don't hate the whole world because of what happened with Brad?' her boss tested her.

She glanced across at her boss, she hated this analytical sessions, she made to rise from her chair.

'Sit down St Claire, I'm not finished with you.'

She glared at him, her icy eyes piercing angrily at him.

'I thought I passed all the psycho analysis tests three years ago,' she hissed.

'I thought so too, but in the last month Sam, I'm seeing the angry Samantha that was on the warpath after Brad was killed,' he spoke softly.

Could she be allowing her attraction for Blake to interfere with her work, with her judgment? She had sworn an oath to serve first and protect, she could not allow her professional ethics to be compromised.

'I don't hate the world, and I do not resort to violence unless I am threatened,' she answered him, 'and you know for a fact that I have never ever used my fire arm irresponsibly in my entire career,' she reminded him.

'Yes Sam, Internal Affairs has certified you "clean" in the last four years he murmured.

"So why the Third Degree?' she questioned.

'I needed to make sure myself Samantha,' he reached across and authorized her request to arrest Magistrate Sutcliffe, 'I know you and understand you better than Internal Affairs. You might pull the wool over their eyes, but not mine. I know you portray that very cool facade outwardly, but I know you're still hurting inside,' he spoke gently.

She reached out for the file, desperate to get away from her Director's accurate assessment, but he held it back, 'St Claire, if you thought your life was hell before I signed this file, after you arrest Sutcliffe, you're going to find out what real hell is like, because you have just opened Pandora's Box here,' he cautioned.

Samantha stretched across the desk, pulled the file from his hand, and headed to her office, making the necessary calls for the back up to arrest Sutcliffe.  She stormed into Judge Sutcliffe's office, with Riley and Boyd in tow, as well as four other armed officers outside the judge's office.

'I have no outstanding warrants of yours, what the hell do you want?' Judge Sutcliffe barked at Samantha.

'Read him his rights,' Samantha instructed Boyd.

'Judge Sutcliffe __' Boyd began but was interrupted.

'Is this a joke?' the judge yelled trying to intimidate Boyd.

'Boyd, don't stop till you've read him every single word of the Miranda.'

The judge hauled himself out of his chair making a threatening move towards Samantha. She held her ground, her eyes unblinking as it locked with Judge Sutcliffe's.

'Judge Sutcliffe you are under arrest for your involvement in drug trafficking from mainland China into South Africa, as well as, being an accessory to the Fiery Marlin Gang's drug trafficking activities. You have the right to remain silent__' Boyd read him his rights until he'd completed every last word of the Miranda.