~THIRTY-FIVE~

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime." – Babe Ruth

I updated early guys! 🌚Thanks for the 3k reads!!!💃💃💃

This chapter is dedicated to Just_Minah_ check out her books. They're really cool.😊

Song for this chapter is Girls Like You by Maroon5 ft. Cardi B. Yeah, I know it's kinda old but I love the song 🌚🌚

Pay close attention to this chapter.

Now, we move😌😌

                                  •BOLU•

We'd just finished our drinks when someone walked to our table to hand us the bill. She was young, dark skinned, curvy and really pretty. I wondered what she was doing working as a waitress instead of being in a fashion house.

"Um. . . here's your bill," she said and seemed to be smiling at both Ore and me but I figured she was more focused on Ore and that her smile was flirtatious.

I rolled my eyes, trying not to feel jealous because it was Ore Jumai, the extremely hot, good-looking and freaking popular head boy of RBA.

"Okay." He took the piece of paper from her as she tried to lean very close to him. "Do you guys do transfer?"

"Oh, sure. We do," she replied twirling her hair in her hands. Ore didn't seem to notice.

"I'm paying for my food, though," I said, remembering that I was supposed to do that and not let him pay for everything. Also, I may or may not have also spoken up to cut their interaction short.

Not that I was being jealous or anything -that's not it - but um. . .I just wanted not to be left out?

"Nope. I'm paying, mama." He looked up from typing on his phone, smirked at me, looked down again and continued.

"I said I wanna pay." I insisted.

"And that would be all, ma'am," he said ignoring me and looking up at the girl who in turn, looked like she was fuming 'cause he called her 'ma'am.'

I glared at him too. He just winked at me.

The waitress still stood there and kept staring at both of us.

"Can I have your number?"  Of course she was talking to Ore. I rolled my eyes, so confident that Ore wouldn't give her.

"Sure."

My eyes widened and  mouth hung agape as he burst my baloon by actually giving her. I tried not to be angry.

This was what Chidera experienced everyday? And yet she pretended to be fine in the relationship? Maybe she really was fine but I can't even stand this right now.

Suddenly, remembering Chidera made my chest constrict with guilt. I was going out with her boyfriend. Even though Ore told me he'd talk to her about them breaking up, I still felt guilty.

"Thanks a lot! I'll deffs send you a dm on whatsapp." The waiteress' excited squeal jolted me out of my reverie. She turned to me. "And by the way, I'm Neesha." She gave me a faux smile, eyeing me from up to down. "I guess you're fine sha. Enjoy your um. . . whatever it is you guys are doing!"

And she left. Thank God.

"Perks of being popular, huh?" Ore said smiling.

"Haha. Yeah," I said, playing with my fingers.