vii. 𝖼𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, you two."

The two pull away and Paisley blush when she sees Layla. "Hey Layla," Paisley greets. Layla looks at Starr with a raised brow, and the girl shrugs.

The redhead opens her locker before taking out her history book.
"I'll see you at lunch?" Starr asks Paisley.

"I can't. The squad and I are going to have a meeting with the principal," Paisley tells her girlfriend. "You guys are really going forward with the cheerleading idea."

"This school needs cheerleaders because who else will cheer for them when they go off to play against other schools?" Paisley asks Starr. The curly haired girl sighs, "Okay. I'll see you later then."

Paisley nods. Layla closes her locker just when they kiss again, and the redhead leans against the locker. The two pull away before Paisley skips off down the hall. Layla raises her brow, staring at the back of Starr's head.

The girl turns to be met with a smirk from Layla. "It surely didn't last long."

Starr grabs her bag from the ground. "She explained and apologized, we're okay now," Starr explains. The two girls walks off to their class, which is on the second floor.

"Good then. What about Ross?"

"The two of them are friends, like I told you last Friday night. And my theory about Ross being interested in someone was right," Starr informs Layla, and the two walks up the steps.

"Allison?"

"No. You." Starr looks at the redhead and the girl frowns.

"Me? Why?"

Starr chuckles, "I don't know, but that's what Paisley told me. He's been trying to talk to you, but you keep on ignoring him."

"There's a reason for that. I want to avoid hanging around people like them. They seem like bullies, and I hate bullies," Layla explains to Starr. The curly haired girl nods, "So, you heard the rumors about Ross and his group of friends bullying Scott?"

"Yeah. They talked about breaking his leg or something."

Starr chuckles shaking her head, "Scott almost broke his left during lacrosse practice because of Ross, yes, but they're not bullying him. They like talking big, they are all bark but not bite," Starr tells Layla. "Scott may look weak, but he isn't. He can defend himself perfectly well."

"Oh, good to know. I was afraid he was getting bullied."

Starr looks at Layla with a raised brow. "Why are you so worried about Scott?"

"Can't I be worried? I thought he was getting bullied."

Starr smirks and nods. "Okay then."

The bell rings and the two walk into history class just before their teacher.
"Everyone get to your seats, please."

Layla takes the seat at the front and Starr sits behind her. Their teacher wipes the board with the eraser before saying, "Please turn to page 45."

▷▷▷

Layla pays for her lunch before she walks over to one of the empty tables. Starr quickly had to run to the administration office, so she now had to eat lunch alone for today.
Layla puts her bag on the table before taking out her bag water bottle.

The redhead sits down, and she eats her sandwich just when the chairs around her table gets pulled out. Ross, and his three friends, sit in front of her and beside her.