Arche kissed her forehead, "Be good."

They headed out of the office to her room. Freya made herself comfortable in Caiden's embrace as he carried her. She snuggled against him like a cat as Caiden looked at her adoringly.

"Are you afraid of your grandfather?" He asked softly.

"He tried to kill me when I was three. If dad wasn't there...I might've died." Freya shuddered as she recalled back.

Caiden's eyes became cold, "Oh, I see."

"Your majesty, how should I address you?" Freya asked, tilting her head. "Since you're my dad's friend, Uncle Caiden?"

As they've reached her room, Caiden sat her down on the bed as he knelt in front of her. His eyes held a hint of amusement, "I'm not that old. Your father and his brother are at least a century years old. I'm only 23, two years older than you."

Freya's eyes widened, "You know...my mental age."

"I'm a nine-tail fox, I can see peoples' souls." He chuckled as his eyes turned pink. He nuzzled his cheeks on Freya's head, her soft hair made it very pleasant, "I've been waiting for you, for quite a long time, my soulmate."

Freya didn't hear what he said after since it was muffled. Freya asked him what he said but he just replied it was nothing.

"Caiden is fine." He plopped onto the bed.

"Can I ask you something?" Freya was curious.

After earning a hum from Caiden, she asked, "Your eyes...is it just me or they've been changing colors from time to time?"

Caiden chuckled and turned to look at her, "What do you think?"

His amethyst eyes turned to a punch pink color. Then they changed into sun gold before going back to violet again. Freya was mesmerized by those eyes, she blurted out, "...again!"

Caiden chuckled and indulged in her wishes. He had always let his guard down in front of her. He never thought that her hands would be so...naughty.

Freya suddenly grabbed his ear which made his eyes turn as black as obsidian. He grasped her wrist in reflex as he whispered into her ears, voice slightly hoarse, "Your father...never told you that the ears of animal-type demons are a place that only their partners can touch?"

Freya heard this and was startled, she was curious how it will feel like, it looked fluffy. She wanted to withdraw her hand but Caiden was holding it in place.

If this was someone else, their hands would be undoubtedly chopped off. However, Caiden was reluctant to part with her, like a child who never tasted candy, he didn't want to let the sweetness go.

He glanced at the back of the girl's neck, how defenseless. He retracted his gaze before sighing. He had to be patient until her first heat. He's been spending all his heat alone, a few more years won't be a problem. Male foxes can only have one mate in their lives, he was already very lucky to find his soulmate, no need to be hasty.

"It's fine. You're still a child, I'm just telling you." And you can always be responsible for me in the future.

Freya let out a sigh of relief, "So it's fine if I touch it?"

Caiden let out a sound of acknowledgment. With permission, Freya scratched the back of his ears like how one would do to their dogs. She noticed Caiden's eyes turned from black to grey.

"Your eyes change with your emotions?" Freya asked earning a nod from Caiden. "Red must be irritation or anger, what about the other colors?"

Caiden looked at his mate and internally sighed. If he told her what it meant, wouldn't he be the one embarrassed? He doesn't even remember when was the last time his eyes turned black...and it never turned grey. But he knew what it meant.

"Should I bring you somewhere fun? If you come with me, I'll tell you~" Caiden hummed.

"Sure, but I'll have to tell daddy." Freya agreed with no hesitation, she's never been outside before, aside from visiting her uncle's territory. And after seeing Caiden suppress her grandfather, she was convinced that he was very strong, she'll be in good hands.

"Do you have a pen and a paper?" Caiden stood up and headed to her desk.

Arche and Andrew went to Freya's room after the talk with their father. Both of their expressions were grim, they wanted to see Freya to cheer up. But they found no signs of her in her room.

"Freya?" Arche looked around the room anxiously.

"...you might want to read this." Andrew gave Arche the paper.

On the paper, there were neat rows of words. The writing was beautiful, but Arche couldn't bring himself to enjoy the words now. He couldn't help but curse his father for talking so long.

[เ'שє 'кเ๔ภคקקє๔' ץ๏ยг ๔คยﻮђՇєг...เ'ɭɭ гєՇยгภ ђєг Շ๏ ץ๏ย ๒єŦ๏гє ๓เ๔ภเﻮђՇ. ๔๏ภ'Շ ฬ๏ггץ, เ ฬ๏ภ'Շ ɭєՇ ђєг ﻮєՇ ђยгՇ.]

[I've 'kidnapped' your daughter...I'll return her to you before midnight. Don't worry, I won't let her get hurt.]