━━NIJŪICHI

Start from the beginning

Tendō nonchalantly queried as he ate a popcorn. It then made the latter halt on his tracks.

"Oh you mean the gi—?" Goshiki had not been able to continue his question when Semi began to cover his mouth with both of his hands. The ash blond setter did not want the ace to know that the whole team had been eavesdropping him all along.

"You should shut up, Bowl-Cut Brat!" Shirabu chastised the rookie player. The nickname then irritated the up and coming ace, thus giving him a wry look in return.

As they had squabbled, Ushijima gave them a brief response.

"Yeah."

He held the handle and opened the door, then exiting the room.

The remaining players were utterly stunned. Never expecting his reply. Tendō was the first to recover from the astonishment. He moved to go outside. The others then followed.

They saw Ushijima in the hallway.

"Well, you better go get her!"

Tendō shouted, a grin was prevalent on his face. His teammates concurred the latter's statement, also voicing their support. 

"You can do it, Ushijima-san!"

"Good luck, ace!"

"We all are rooting for you!"

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Toshi-kun."

Nao held his hand, breaking him from his reverie. He had missed hearing her say his name.

Ushijima then clutched hers back, entwining their fingers together.

They were now sitting on the bench surrounded with flowers. Both basking in the comfortable silence. And at the same time, taking in the beautiful view under the shade of the wisteria tree.

"You know, you should have told me that you're coming back." Nao said, changing her gaze to him. "I could've baked you a cake and prepared something like a banner that says 'Welcome Home, Toshi!', and then, throw over a confetti—"

Ushijima then shook his head, chuckling. "That's not needed." He reassured her. "Just as long as you are with me." The ace took out a stray petal that fell on her hair. Clutching it between his forefinger and thumb.

"It's more than I could ever ask."

The olive-haired wing spiker continued as he stared at her eyes. The wisteria petal he was holding then flew with the wind.

Nao shifted her attention back to the flowers that she was watching earlier. Arms crossed while pouting.

"But still—I want to do something for you. You've already done enough for me."

Ushijima then followed her gaze.

"I'm not asking for anything in return, Nao."

The ace said, trying to make her understand. She began to look at him once again, head slightly tilted upwards.

"Really, Wakatoshi?"

Ushijima tried to supress another chuckle. She only used his given name whenever she was near to being annoyed.

"Affirmative."

He then replied. His arm encircling her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.