Draco looked up, startled. "I never told you that." Hell, I didn't know it myself till a week or so ago.

"Not in words."

"Oh."

"So what happened?"

"I kissed her." "Is that so horrible?" Blaise didn't really know what he was trying to ask, whether the kiss was bad or the act of kissing itself.

"I don't know. She ran away from me."

"Didn't boost your ego any then." Blaise chuckled, then stopped when Draco shot a glare at him. "Sorry, mate."

"But I think she's been hurt before. Her bloody fiancée practically dumped her at the alter." Blaise didn't miss the anger in Draco's voice. He had never heard him speak about any girl like that before. "And the problem is just that I want her. So much more than any other woman I've ever met. And the way she kisses...I mean, it was amazing for the few seconds she kissed back."

"Is this a purely physical lust? Cause if it is, I'm telling this Weasley to stay away." Blaise was still slightly protective over Narcissa and her 'death wish'.

"NO!" Draco stood up, nearly knocking his chair over. "She beautiful, but – of course it isn't."

"So what are you going to do? Convince Weasley that you'll be her knight in shinning armor and draw her out of her shell she's been hiding behind all these years?"

"Don't call her Weasley. I feel like it's one of her brothers I'm trying to date." He joked, trying to lighten up. "But do you think I should? You know, just try anyhow?"

"From what you've told me, I think she's just scared at the prospect of another relationship and not you. And that she doesn't believe in love anymore. Not for her, anyway."

Draco furrowed his brow. "How do you know that? You've never even met the girl."

Blaise smiled. "It's called empathy, Draco. And it's something you haven't really understood. But enough of that. Plus, I saw her at Hogwarts. Bubbly little thing, full of life, you know? One of those people who give more than they take. Not like those shallow women you usually date. If she kissed back, she must like you on some level, " Draco wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, so Blaise gagged and added quickly, "even if you're a great kisser."

"So she's just scared then?"

"Maybe, but you probably have to convince her that you're for real. Not faking it. You're reputation isn't very good, if she listens to the gossip."

Draco groaned. "I'm not really a wildly promiscuous man, you know."

Blaise ignore the comment, having heard it so many times over the years. "Hey, Draco, what about her family?"

Draco buried his head in his hands.

_._._._._._

Ginny was back at work. Yet she couldn't concentrate, and unlike some of her employees who were still high on the holiday sprit, it was because of a certain young man. She fiddled with her necklace, something she had taken to doing ever since Draco had placed it around her neck.

She couldn't even take off the necklace. It just fit so perfectly, neither clashing with her hair like some jewelry was want to do, nor was it too flashy. Ginny bit her lip in thought.

Outside, there was a commotion she was not yet aware of. Grace popped in her head and said to Ginny, "Gin, there's someone from the flower store down the street and she's holding a huge bundle of roses. We're all dying to find out who the lucky girl is. Want to come?"