No One Likes A Flirt

"Jace told me about you and Jasper." Bernadette growls lowly as she stops at my locker before lunch.
"I can't believe you." She adds and I throw her a look of confusion.
"What are you talking about?" I ask, feeling defensive. "You know I like him!" She whisper shouts.
"Yeah, so how does that have anything to do with m-"
"You're the only person he's talked to out side of his family, so you must've done something. What was it, showed him what's under that baggy sweatshirt?" Pure rage was coursing through this girl and it was started to piss me off too. "Are you kidding me? You really think I'm that kind of person? Neither of us had a gym partner, if you want to throw a fit, go pitch it to Creedy." I shoot back, slamming my locker in pure frustration.
"No one likes a flirt, Xanthia."
"Then how do you stand to look at yourself?" I shoot back quickly, walking off without another word. Why did I do that!? At this rate I'm going to have no friends!!! I'm gonna be all alone again. She's gonna hate me now, damn it!! Why does he have to be my gym partner!? I know, I'll switch with Megan. I'm sure she wants to get with Jasper. No, that be even worse. Shouldn't Bernadette be happy about this? Now I can tell her about Jasper!! And I can keep other girls from coming onto him!! She's just being insecure. She didn't mean all of that, I'm sure of it. "Oomph." I breathe out, knocking into someone again. "Sorry-" I cut myself short when I look up to see its the very boy I'm trying to avoid.
"S-Sorry." I mutter again, having this feeling in my bones that I should be running but feeling like I couldn't move. His eyes are intimidating.
"It's okay." He replies, and as if he just gave me permission, I scurry off onto the lunch line but I've already lost my appetite. "Thea!" I hear and Jace throws an arm around me, making me jump and push him away.
"What happened with the She Devil?"
"She's mad at me. Thanks for that by the way." I shoot him a glare, one to which he rolls his eyes.
"Hey, I don't control what she gets mad at." He tries to reason as I pay for a water. "But since you two are fighting... Wanna sit with me for lunch? You know, so you're not alone or anything." He says and I shoot him a look, the tiny voice in my head screaming that this was his goal in the whole thing, but I really don't want to be all alone.
"Fine." I reply begrudgingly, following behind him as he leads me to the jock's table, which was two tables shoved together. We were almost there when I looked to the side to see Jasper's eyes locked on mine. I hesitated in my step before continuing, not taking my eyes off of him until I got to the table, sitting next to Jace. I feel so out of place here, I don't like it. I don't know any of these people, and they're the loud obnoxious type, the type that pisses me off. I sit silently and sip at my water bottle, my leg bouncing as I kept glancing at the time. "You okay there?" Jace asks with a chuckle and I nod, giving him a curt nod. He grins a little more and throws an arm over my shoulders, pulling me into him and rubbing my arm.
"Loosen up Thea, they're not as bad as they seem." He says and I felt a wave of disgust wash over me. I have no idea but all I could think about is how I don't want him anywhere near me, let alone touching me. "I just need to use the bathroom." I say shakily, clearing my throat as I grab my water bottle, my stomach twisting violently as I gather my things with shaky hands, a cold sweat gathering at the back of my neck. I rush out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom. Dropping my stuff, I run into a stall and without even closing it, I throw up the contents in my stomach. I hear giggling from the other girls but all I could feel was the stinging in my throat and the tears threatening my eyes. "Do you think she's pregnant?" One of the girls giggles.
"Totally, why do you think she's wearing such baggy clothes."
"Hey!! Fuck Off!!!" Bernadette's voice booms through the bathroom and the girls quickly run off.
"My brother's a creep, don't worry about it." She sighs and walks up to my stall as I flush the toilet and rub my eyes, backing away and leaning against the stall wall with a shaky breath that stings my throat. "Here." Bernadette says, passing me two pieces of gum.
"Th-Thank you." I choke out, chewing both of them at the same time.
"Yeah whatever." She grumbles, not looking me in the eye.
"I rethought everything and I decided to use you to my advantage. You're going to tell me everything about Jasper." She says and I smile a little, nodding. This is as close to an apology as anyone has gotten from Bernadette.
"So you gonna sit here all lunch or are we going back." She says and I nod, getting up. "I'll meet you in there." I tell her and she nods a little before walking out with her cutesie façade on. I walk to the mirror and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. What the hell even happened to me? That came out of no where... "Xanthia?" I hear a delicate voice and I turn around and see Alice Cullen and Jasper's twin sister Rosalie Hale walk in. "Are you okay? We saw you rush out." Alice asks and Rosalie scoffs, folding her arms over her chest. "I'm fine, just... probably something I ate." I nod, but I didn't eat anything. "Yeah, probably." Rosalie shoots sarcastically and Alice elbows her.