Chapter 18 - The Sleepover pt. 2

Start from the beginning

    She deadpanned. "Is this some sort of joke?"

    Akai shook his head and patted Ki's head proudly. Ki grunted and moved his head away, he wasn't a pet. "As a part of your training, I want you," He booped her noise, "to try and escape Ki. In the real world and not this underground village or whatever, you have to encounter things like this." He motioned towards Ki and (Y/N) rolled her eyes. "If you want to survive in this cruel world, you're gonna have to fight against the most bloodthirsty creatures imaginable! Luckily for you, Ki is like a puppy."

    The insulted demon growled at him and mistakenly lifted an arm to take a swipe at Akai. The laughing demon jumped back in time before Ki's black claws could slash him. (Y/N) quickly took the opportunity to move her arm and reach for Ki's head, getting an idea from Akai's 'puppy' remark.

    Ki went to place his hand back down after growling at his childish cellmate but stopped when a familiar intoxicating sensational feeling was being produced between his four horns on top of his head. He instantly drowned in the feeling and forgot about all the troubles in the world and this hellish lab. He leaned into his Keeper's touch for more and his tail lifted up to move side to side in delight, almost hitting Akai in the process.

    (Y/N) heaved out a breath when Ki fell on top of her with a 'thomp' and his head rested on her stomach. She continued to massage his head while questioning if Ki was actually a puppy in a demon's body.

    Akai facepalmed. This wasn't what he had in mind.

    Ki started purring audibly enough for (Y/N) to hear as he snuggled himself against her. She couldn't help but giggle at how weird he was acting. "If bloodthirsty creatures are weak to head scratches, then I'll be fine in your 'cruel world'." She quoted.

"Alright get up." Akai pulled Ki off of her when she stopped scratching him. When the intoxicating feeling sadly left his head, Ki regained composure and embarrassingly moved back. His white hair covered his eyes to hide his shame of becoming a slave to those dangerous fingers of hers.

    (Y/N) sat up and fixed her hoodie, tiredly looking at Akai. "Are we done yet? I would like to relax now on my chair, please."

"Nuh uh." He waved his finger. "We still aren't done and I'm still feeling bored, so get up." He pulled her arm and she wearily allowed him to bring her to her feet.

    The time was now 10:58 pm and (Y/N) was feeling the urge to pass out now. This was usually around the time she would head to bed and be tucked in her covers, not trying to escape a chokehold from the supposedly 'bored' demon. She managed to move his arm enough to slip through and she darted behind him to hop on his back to disorientate him. She was now the one giving a chokehold as she wrapped her arms around his neck and moved around to make him lose balance.

    Ki watched from his corner, now in his humanoid form with his clothes on. After the last hour went by, (Y/N) started taking Akai's 'training' a bit seriously. He guessed she was getting more fed up with how Akai wouldn't let her rest for even a minute and the constant jabs he kept sending to her sides, her hits were now starting to have some effect on the demon. Even now as she had her arm wrapped around his neck, she was jabbing him in the shoulder with her elbow and he actually grunted from the surprise pain.

    He sees that his training was actually getting somewhere.

    Ki wondered about Akai's true motive in teaching their Keeper how to fight them. Either he had an idea or maybe he was bored. Ki couldn't tell with him.

    The muffled sound of a piece of metal falling caught the demon's ear. He focused his hearing on the divider to his right and started to make out the sounds of the workers on the other side. He could hear drilling and clanks happening with the occasional voices of the people. Becoming curious about what's going on over there, he cupped his hands together and focused his energy on making a small portal appear. When the dark energy massed together in his hands, an image started to appear and it began showing the other half of the cell. Equipment hooked into the walls, a pile of metal tossed together in a corner, about 15 people walking around and working at the damaged areas, and two men who seemed to be arguing at a very particularly special wall.