Chapter 17 - The Sleepover

Start from the beginning

    (Y/N) rolled her eyes. "It's a phone. You don't know what a phone is?"

    Akai shook his head. He comes from a place where majority of the technology is broken or longer in use. He's had to question every new thing he's seen during his time locked up. "I don't use whatever contraptions you humans use!"

     (Y/N) took her phone back before he could pull it away. "A phone is what we use to have contact with our friends and family from a distance. It could also be used to connect to the rest of the world which is why it's convenient for us to have one."

"Sounds stupid as hell."

    She tried to educate him for nothing. "Of course you wouldn't understand. Haven't you been around tech in your life? I know that something's gotta work out there."

"I have. I choose not to mess with it though. Could be a trap you humans planted."

    Did Capturers use disguisable traps? Before she applied to be a Capturer, she did do some research beforehand. She didn't learn much about the traps they use, only cages and tools were described. She'll have to ask Axel the next time she sees him.

    The Keeper focused back on her phone and started watching a mini video from her favorite singer. She turned the volume up just enough that it wouldn't wake the silent demon sleeping in the corner and held the device close to her so she can hear it more. The singer sang (fav/song) into a small mic while their two cats were in the background playfighting.

    The song was one of (Y/N)'s favorites from this artist. She could remember Nora playing it on blast in their living room which caused them to get many noise complaints from the neighbors. It was a small memory but (Y/N) couldn't help but remember it whenever this song played. She missed having Nora around and couldn't wait till they get to see each other in December.

    Since Ki's side of the cell was dark, but not as much with the steel wall blocking the window being halfway up after a while and some light from the halls found its way in, (Y/N)'s phone was the only source of bright light. She jumped when a sudden blast of warm light shot up in front of her like an explosion and then settle to a small campfire size. She almost dropped her phone at the sound of what she thought was a flame thrower.

    Akai's tail was laying straight on the floor and at the end was the source of the fire. His tail was lit up in small flames and it helped illuminate the room some more. Shadows of him, the Keeper, and the demon in the corner danced on the walls and flickered.

    (Y/N)'s rapid heart pace slowed down as she held a hand against her chest. "Did you have to make such a big fire? That scared me..."

    Akai smirked. "I wanted to see if you'd flinched. I guess I was right." He brought his tail closer to him and moved his hand around in the flames boredly.

    She furrowed her brows at him and the tail. Always with the pranks that catch her off guard. She should be used to them by now but they always happen out of nowhere.

"Do you know how to fight?" He asked. It was a sudden thought but it made him curious. He sized her up and down and she didn't look so tough, so probably not.

    (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at the question. "Why do you want to know?"

"I'm not going to do to you like I did Sir Quiet over there if that's what you're wondering." He propped his head up in his hand and waited for her answer, his tail moving around slowly and making the flame dance around with every turn.

"Well.. I can... a little bit."

    Akai snorted. He didn't believe her at all. The most she could probably do was push someone and it would feel like nothing. "Yea, sure."