𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒.

"WHEN I LEFT..." Druig said to Theia, who had been standing next to him as they stood at the river and watched as Thena held Gilgamesh's ashes and mourned. "I considered taking over the minds of every single human on this planet." He glanced at Theia, "Violence, fear, greed. All gone."

"Well, why didn't you?" Theia couldn't help but wonder,

"Because without their weaknesses...they wouldn't be human."

Theia sighed, looking back at the ground. "Druig?"

He looked back over at her, his eyebrows raised and his eyes hopeful.

"That's how I felt." Theia nodded toward Thena. "After you left. I didn't know what to do. I had spent so many years doing my every move with you by my side, I mean, everything. And when you left, you took everything that was a part of me with you. As pathetic as it sounds, I didn't know how to function. And I'm not saying this to hurt you--"

"Theia--" Druig pleaded,

She shook her head, "No, listen to me. For the past two thousand years, I've obviously had a lot of time to think about what I was going to say to you when I saw you again. And I want you to know, I was so angry and upset before but now, I mean, I still am but I try to look at it from your perspective and can't help but wonder what was wrong with me, was I hard to love? Was there someone else--" She rambled,

He shook his head, immediately cutting her off, "Theia, I..." He stopped mid-sentence. When she looked up at him, everything he wanted to say had rolled off his tongue and left him speechless. She looked at him, she pleaded at him with her eyes for him to say something but he didn't say anything. He just stood there, staring at her blankly for moments.

She let out a breath, shaking her head, "I don't know why I told you that, I should have known you weren't going to care and I shouldn't have come back. And I'm sorry." She began to walk away, crossing her arms over her torso, hugging herself, knowing that would be the only form of comfort she would be receiving for a while.

"Theia, wait!" Druig shouted after her, but she kept moving. He tried to go after her but his feet didn't move, it was like they were stuck in the ground. As he watched her grow further away, he threw his hands into his hair and tugged at the roots, "Fuck!"

IT WAS RAINING, Theia found herself sitting on the porch step, letting the rain hit her back as she laid her head in her hands.

She heard the door open and close, assuming it was Sersi checking up on her for the seventh time, "go away, Sersi."

"It's Druig."

She clenched her jaw, "I don't want to hear your fake apology."

"It's not fake." He said and she felt his presence grow closer to her, suffocating her. She stood up before she let it get the best of her. "Will you just let me speak?" He demanded, his voice hoarse.

She stepped away from him, "And why should I?"

"Because I want to talk to you."

"Then talk." She replied blankly.

"I..."

She scoffed, shaking her head and started to walk away when she felt a hand grip her wrist. Letting out a shaky breath, she froze, trying to ignore the shiver that went up her spine.

"Please." She could hear the sadness in his voice, it broke her heart. And she hated that. "I think you're really pretty. I always have--"

He was interrupted by Theia snorting, "oh my god."

He frowned, "In fact, I've wanted to tell you that ever since I first saw you in that spaceship."

"Do you want me to congratulate you?"

"No, but," He smiled, sadly, "Theia. I remembered. And I fell in love with you the moment I met you. And I know, I know that sounds cliche, or whatever, but, I promise you, I have never felt as much love as I have felt for you. And I have spent every minute of every day praying to whoever will listen that you will forgive me for my terrible, terrible mistake and that we can be together again. And we can be happy." His voice cracked, "God, Theia, all I've ever wanted was for you to be happy. And I think..." He stepped closer to her, "I think that you're happy with me."

She looked at him, right in the eyes, his moon-lit eyes. "That's quite bold of you, don't you think?"

His face dropped, he sighed, "Please, Theia. I am begging you. I will do anything, okay?"

"The best thing you could do is leave me alone."

"Theia. You know I can't do that."

She threw her hands up in the air, "could you be any more conceited or self-absorbed?"

He pulled back, shocked by her statement.

"I really don't understand. You leave and you don't bother to tell me why or to even reach out! And then all of a sudden, I come back and you say you 'missed me?' You are so confusing. And - and ignorant! I spent almost my entire existence loving you just for you to not even love me half as much!"

"That's not true!" He shouted, "I fucking love you, alright?" The thunder boomed, backing up his voice as he said the words. The rain picked up and washed over his face, leaving his hair to drop in front of his eyes, he pushed it back with a shaky hand.

"You don't even know what love is."

He ran his hand over his face and down his neck.

There stood two stranded lovers, unknowingly and wrongly in love.

a/n

short chapter but whatever- I SWEAR TO GOD- if any of you get upset about the length of this- YOURE DONE. BESTIES I LITERALLY WROTE AND PUBLISHED LIKE FOUR CHAPTERS TODAY

anyways.