・Case closed・

When you got back to the apartment, Sal walked in a few seconds later.

"Guys, you gotta come see this." Sal said, making you all stop what you were doing, and following close behind Sal, piling into the elevator.

"So what did you wanna show us?" larry said, itching his stomach, and stretching.

"You'll see." sal said, the elevator doors opened, sal quickly dashing outside, ash and larry looked at you then at sal before following him.

You saw a police car.

You questioned what happened in the amount of time sal had been gone.

"Charlie's in there.." sal said, keeping his distance, cause a officer stood over there.

"You actually serious?" larry said, staring at the car.

"Yeah, I'm serious." sal said, patting Larry's shoulder.

"Was the pony all the evidence they needed? That was fast.." ash said, watching a policeman get into the front, the engine would roar to life, the cop car driving away.

"I guess that's it right...?" you said, looking at larry, to sal, to ash.

"Guess so.." sal muttered as the cop car turned a corner, out of eyes view.

You saw small drops of rain hit the pale concrete, starting off as a drizzle, but it grew into a pour.

"We should go inside" sal said, heading for cover inside the apartments.

No one said anything, we were all quiet, in the elevator, and in Larry's room, only the sound of the rain hitting the building.

"Well, my mom texted, I've gotta get going, I'll see you guys at school?" ash said, packing up her art supplies.

"Yeah, see you ash!" sal said, his pigtails shaking as he moved.

She waved goodbye, leaving Larry's apartment, the sound of the elevator notifying she had left.

"I gotta go to, I think my dad's gonna go crazy if I'm gone by the time he gets back from work, I've also gotta go over school sign up shit.." you got up, stretching your arms and legs.

"Yeah, that's cool.. Can we exchange numbers? So we can keep in touch.." larry said, extending his phone to you.

"Oh, yeah sure." you said, typing in your number, pushing his phone over to him.

"Now I can ask you to come and hang out anytime without having to take that rickety elevator all the way up to the 4th floor" larry chuckled.

You noticed sal was quiet.

You waved bye to him, and larry, leaving the room, walking back out into the chilly and eerie hallway, the sound of the washing machine was louder.

you pressed the up button, waiting, hearing the squeak and squeals of the elevator as it came down to the basement.

the doors opened, illuminating the dim basement, you stepped inside, pressing the 4 button, watching the doors close, feeling the elevator moving.

When you got back to your room, you found a few groceries in the fridge and a note.

"Hey kiddo.. I knew I wasn't gonna be home later tonight so I stopped by the grocery store before work and got some stuff so you can make something to eat, love dad <3"
You read the note, grabbing some eggs and some bacon.

Making breakfast at night was normal, to you, food didn't really have a label for what time it should be eaten.

You grabbed a pan and turned on the stove, oiling the pan and cracking your eggs and adding the bacon, the apartment was now filled with the noises of sizzling.

You sat on the couch, feeling your phone buzz in your pocket.

It was a unknown number.

The notification read - "hey y/n, this is sal, I got your number from larry... I hope you don't mind, or it's not creepy."

You clicked on it, quickly writing up a response and changing the name on the contact.

_____Sally face :) ____

hey y/n, this is sal, I got your number from larry... I hope you don't mind, or it's not creepy.
Sal

Hey, no it's not creepy at all.
You

Oh, ok, thanks, sorry I was scared you would think I was weird for having it
Sal

No worries :)
You

So, you planning to go to Nockfell high school?
Sal

Yeah, my dad was gonna get me signed up before he went to work
You

Cool! I can show you around, if that's ok
Sal

Oh, thanks, I'll make sure to come and find you on the first day
You

Ok, goodnight y/n
Sal

Goodnight, Sally
You

_____________________________

You sat your phone down, quickly checking on the eggs and bacon, using the spatula to check them and flip some over.

You finished cooking, putting your food onto a place and grabbing a bottle of water, plopping onto the couch, turning on the TV and watching (insert fav show) while you picked at your food, eating it.

You finally took notice to some empty boxes, collapsed and stacked in a pile and then a few boxes with items in them.

"He must have put my boxes in my room.." you thought, finishing your food, tossing the dishes in the sink, rinsing them off.

You and your dad agreed on rooms earlier, he let you have the bigger one so you could store all your CDs and vinyls, and all your other stuff.

You opened the door to reveal a room that was just as ugly as the living room, Green carpet, and the same yellow wallpaper.

"I can make it work.." you muttered, looking at all the boxes, labeled with the items and contents inside.

Your dad had set up your bed earlier while you were gone, leaving everything else to you.

***
some hours later
***

you managed to get most of your room set up, mostly got all your clothes hung up and organized and then did everything else.

you checked the time on your phone.

1:09 am

"woah its late.." you got up, quickly slipping on some pajamas and crawling into bed.

"im surprised dad isnt back yet..he must be doing a really late shift.." you thought as your pulled a blanket over you, getting comfy.

you scrolled on your phone for a bit before plugging it in and leaving it on your nightstand.

Your  eyelids began to feel heavy, closing them, slowly drifting off to sleep, the rain helping.

Hiii author here <3 I got this chapter finally finished it took awhile but now it's done!