seven.

cute sweater.

The next morning Kathleen woke up with a huge smile on her face. She finally thought was she was going to be getting over Evan. That's when Nick walked into her room.

"Heyy Kat." He said, dragging out the 't'. Kathleen looked at Nick weird since he was so dressed up and it was a Sunday morning. "Nick?"

"So, I got a interesting face time call last night." Kathleen raised her eyebrow at him as he leaned against her door frame. "It was from your enemy, he wanted to know what you were doing at Logan's last night."

"Evan?"

"I think you enemy has a little crush on you." Nick finishes, and Kathleen shakes her head. "No way, Evan doesn't have a crush on me. Plus, he went out with Sofi last night, she posted a picture of the two of them. Why was he worried about me?"

"Don't ask me." Nick shrugged as he slowly walked backwards out of her room. Nick left Kathleen to ponder, 'why did Evan call Nick last night asking about ?'

———

Later that day practice it was weird for Kathleen. She was analyzing both of the guys who she had liked, Evan and Logan. Sure, they would both glance at her every so often, Logan always had a big smile on his face, and Evan, well was just Evan.

As Kathleen was helping Logan with passing drills, she heard Maya say something she wish she hadn't. "Look! There's Sofi!"

Kathleen immediately looked up to see her ex-best friend walking towards the team. Logan got up, and whispered to Kathleen. "What does she want?"

Kathleen shrugged as she watched Sofi hold up a math test in front of Evan. Kathleen's mouth dropped as she laughed.

"She's getting on him about her test... classic Sofi." Kathleen commented to Logan who was having trouble standing up. Nothing that, Kathleen helped him.

"It doesn't look like she came to join our team." Maya came up behind Logan and Kathleen. They watch as it looked like Sofi was really pissed at him.

"Well, this Saturday's game is going to be rough." Lauren commented.

———

The game was at the Ducks Complex, and it was going to be a hard game. Kathleen had to mentally and physically prepare herself for what was going to happen today.

"Hey Kat?" Evan called for her. Kathleen looked at him, and followed him out of the locker room. "Look, I know this is kind-of out there, but everyone knows we are the best on the team."

Kathleen nodded as a signal for him to go on which he did but not before taking a big deep breath. "Good luck today, don't hurt yourself please, I- the team needs you."

"Thank you Evan." Kathleen smiles and so does he. The two stared at each other for ten seconds before the rest of the team came out from the locker room.

Everyone skated out into the middle as they lined up. Kathleen looked over at Evan who she could tel was nervous.

"Hey hot stuff, ready to play some puck." Kathleen looked up to who was facing her, it was Hayden, on of the Ducks guys.  "You bet your ass I am."

The puck was dropped which caused a small fight for it between Evan and Sofi. It didn't help though because the Ducks ended up scoring not only a minute in.

"One to nothing Morrow, and I'm just getting started." Sofi bragged as she skated by Evan who was on the ground. Kathleen skated over towards him, and held out her hand. "Need help?"

He took it as he got up he whispered into her ear.
"I wouldn't normally say this but, make sure Sofi doesn't score anymore." Kathleen smiled at the boy who's eyes were full of rage. "I'm on it."

Sofi ended up scoring one more, but only because Kathleen lost track of her. Kathleen was busy trying to help Logan after he got slammed into the board.

It seemed as if almost every minute that buzzer sounded that the Ducks scored another point. It became too much for Kathleen to try and keep up with Sofi, and the rest of her team at the same time.

That's when Alex Morrow called a time out. Everyone skated over, looking defeated as ever. She tells them she has a new play she wanted them to try.

"Evan, you're the key man here, okay? Kat, you'll be helping him a lot also." The two of them looked at each other, and nodded for her to go on.

———

Evan passed the puck back to Koob who picked it up. Logan pretended he fell on the puck which caused everyone to start digging under him. Kathleen subtly followed Evan around the back side of the goal to back him up.

Once Koob dropped it, Evan started to skate down the court with the puck. Kathleen followed closely behind him as Sofi caught up. Kathleen kept eyeballing Sofi as she was getting closer. Kathleen got between the two so when Sofi tried to reach for the puck she couldn't since Kathleen blocked her. Kathleen heard the buzzer go off as they scored.

"We scored?" Kathleen looked up at the score board. She smiled as she went to go skate over to Evan to congratulate him, her smile dropped when she saw he was talking to Sofi.

The game was over, and Kathleen skated back over to the box where they started to congratulate Evan. Before everyone was going to head back to the locker room. Sofi skated over, and what she said next shocked Kathleen. "I can't be a Duck anymore. I'm in."

Everyone started cheering except for Kathleen. The way back to the locker room, everyone was in high hopes except for her.

She had gotten changed, and only one person had realized her quietness. She was getting ready to leave the locker room to meet up with Nick and his moms when Evan came up to her.

"Hey, I just wanted to say that you did really good out there today, and thanks for helping me score that goal." He smiles at her. Kathleen tried to crook a small smile back at him, but he knew it was fake.
"I promise you Kat, Sofi isn't going to be any trouble to you. We are all here to play, and if she says anything to you. Just tell me."

Kathleen nods as he picks up his hockey bag as was about to leave the locker room. He stoops himself, and looks at her. "The sweater looks cute on you by the way, see you Kat!"

Kathleen stood there in shock... did Evan Morrow just say her sweater was cute on her?