three.

first practice.

"I'm in!" A girl stood up. Kathleen recognized the girl as Lauren Gibby. She had her in a few of her classes, but never knew her that well. Lauren went on to say she didn't know how to play hockey, but she needs an outlet for her rage.

"I also own nunchucks." She tells us to which Evan laughs, and shakes his head. "Do not bring those to practice."

"I get it." Another girl stands up. It was Maya Kasper. Kathleen and her talked some, but she was never cool enough to be apart of their group, especially after the Evan situation.

"Hey Sam!" Evan yells after Maya was done with her speech. "I dare you to join our hockey team!"

"Somebody dares you to do something, you've got to do it, right?" He tells Evan as he started walking towards the table. Evan asked for anymore players, and this one girl from the Ducks stands up. She went to throw her Gatorade bottle away which was caught by Jaden Koobler.

"Guys," Evan sat down, "I think we did it."

---

The team day was held at the Ducks stadium. The un-named team was at the end waiting for their turn to be called. Kathleen and Logan had became very close friends even though they met yesterday.

They could heard Coach T. start to announce. The Bloomington Bears were first which just inched up the line to skate out. The Edina Hawks were the next to be called. Everyone was getting ready in the hallway. Kathleen was having to help everyone lace up their skates since they were new to hockey.

Alex Morrow started walking on the ice to tell Coach T. that there was one more team competing in the division. She tells him the team name, and everyone prepares to skate out. Kathleen gives a reassuring look to Logan who looks like he is about to fall.

Slowly, but surely the team skated to the middle. Kathleen had to help Logan up a couple of times, but they made it out there.

They were then instructed to watch a video about how literally hurting each other was okay and not off limits, and encouraged! Kathleen gulped as she watched the video. She was confident in her skills, but she has never tired her skills playing with other kids.

After the team day, Alex Morrow took the kids to the rink. So far, only Kathleen, Evan, Nick, and Logan have been to the rink. Kathleen subtly waved at Gordon Bombay who was downing pizza.

Everyone went to explore the rink, and Kathleen was walking with Maya Kasper.

"So, why did you decide to leave your group, and join a 'ragtag yet very hip hockey team'?" Kathleen laughed as she quoted Nick.

"I don't know, I just felt so trapped being in their group. Always having to dress right, do this, or do that. I just want to be me, Maya Kasper." She tells Kathleen, and Kathleen nods. Kathleen would never understand that feeling since the only friend she ever really had dumped her for her ex-crush.

As Kathleen was thinking, Nick interrupted by talking to Evan. He was talking about his mom, and then ushered everyone to go watch Alex Morrow skate.

Maya, Logan, and Kathleen took out their phone flash lights and started swaying as everyone else joined in too. It felt nice since Kathleen and never had a real friend more then less a friend group.

Kathleen got home late that night, and was more happier than usual. Her father enjoyed the smile on her face since usually Kathleen was never like that.

"What's got you so happy?" Her mother asked at dinner as she stabbed her fork into her caesar salad. "It just finally feels great to have some friends again."

"I'm so happy for you sweetie." Her father said as he put his hand on her shoulder. That night Kathleen went to bed peacefully not having to worry about who to talk to tomorrow.

The next day after school, she headed to practice with Maya. The two of them had became pretty close especially since Maya group basically just kicked her out.

"So, you don't have to tell me, but whatever happened between you and that Sofi girl?" She asked as they were waiting for Evan and his mon to show up. Logan was also sitting at the table, but he had no clue who Sofi. Kathleen was about to explain how it was just a fallout, but she got saved when Evan Morrow walked in.

Alex explained how they were going to be doing safe exercises instead of stick handling or shooting practice.

"Okay, let's circle up!" Alex said, and all the kids grabbed a chair, and put them in a circle. Kathleen sat between Maya and Lauren Gibby. She started going about this 'trust puck' and now we need to explain how we are on the outside and inside. She headed it to Sam first.

"Uh, on the outside, I like skateboarding and I act kinda crazy," He started, "but, in the inside, I have no spleen! It burst when I crashed into a stop sign." He then passed it Maya.

"Hi I'm Maya, I have this talent where I can zero in a someone's weakness and destroy them." She said, and then turned to face Alex Morrow. "Like, I might tell you, your puffy vest is very 2017, and then every time I saw you, I'd say things very 2017, like Lego Batman movie, and fidget spinners." She says which obviously makes Alex Morrow very insecure. Maya then passed it to Kathleen who stared at it before starting to speak.

"Uh hi, I'm Kathleen, but uh my friends call me Kat. On the inside, I really like hockey, but never got to play on a team until now because my mom had a really traumatic birth, and we both almost died, so she never really wanted me to get hurt." Kathleen says, and then she remembers she needs to say her outside them. "Oh, and on the outside I have Tourette's." Kathleen quickly passed the puck to Lauren Gibby trying to deviate the attention that was on her. She had forgotten that nobody knew she has Tourette's since she could mostly suppress them, except her voice tic.

"Hi, I'm Lauren. On the outside I am a female warrior, and people say I dress weird. On the inside, I used to have a crippling fear of death, but then I realised the fact that everybody, popular kids, freaks, we all have this vast of nothingness waiting for us. In a strange way, it gave me some sense of peace."

Next was Koob, who looked asleep but with his eyes opened. Lauren shook him a bit, but then he started quickly on his introduction.

"Outside, I'm a gamer and spend a lot of time in front of a screen. Inside, I think we might just all just be a series of ones and zeros, and living in a digital simulation." He finished, and then handed the puck to Evan, who was clearly annoyed by what they were doing.

"Hi, my name is Evan, on the outside, I love hockey, and on the inside, I also really love hockey, so im just really excited to play some actual hockey." He then handed the puck to Logan, who before he started speaking flipped his hair.

"Hey, guys, I'm Logan. God has blessed me with a solid head of lettuce. And I love dogs. On the inside, me and my dad just moved in with my aunt, because my parents are getting a divorced. My mom cheated on him. I also love cats." He quickly passed it to Nick, who seemed really excited to introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Nick. I have two moms who are both awesome and different in surprising ways. Im a huge fan of hockey, but haven't really played a lot, but I'm excited to take this journey with all of you." He finished, but Alex added by saying "and on the inside?"

"Oh, and on the inside I look like Logan. Maybe a little taller." Kathleen sighed, she really just wanted to play some hockey. Right now, she would usually be practicing on the ice, but instead she is sitting with her enemies mom, introducing herself.

Long story short, Evan ended up storming off again to who knows where. Kathleen face palmed, and groaned as she watched him leave. This was going to be a long season.