two.

convincing.

Kathleen couldn't believe it. Evan Morrow's hockey team was going to be practicing at her rink! As Alex asked about if he was a professional hockey player, Kathleen was just glaring at him. She couldn't be mad since she did get her lessons for free, and he was getting money from them, but she did not want to associate with Evan Morrow.

Kathleen was zoned out until she heard, "What about her?" Kathleen looked up to where Alex Morrow and Gordon Bombay were both staring at her. "What about me?"

"You look about twelve, thirteen, why don't you join our team?" Alex asked Kathleen . Kathleen was going to say no, but she saw Gordon who was glaring at her. She rolled her eyes at Gordon, and then turned back to Alex. "I'll think about it."

"Great! I'll see you tonight!" She points at Gordon before she headed out of the managers office. Kathleen turned to face Gordon with anger plastered on her face. "What?"

"First off, the kid who rejected me, Evan Morrow, that's his mom! Second off, you know how my dad doesn't want me playing for a team! Third off, if I do agree, then you are explaining it to my dad." Kathleen told him, and Gordon sighed. He got up from his desk, and walked over to Kathleen.

"I knew the last name sounded familiar." He told her, and she groaned as she threw herself back against the couch. He sat next to her, and started to attempt to cheer her up. "Maybe you'll find some other kids on the team, how many players do they have so far?"

"From what I know, just him and Nick, the boy who does the Duck's podcast." She tells Gordon who eyes widened. "Oh."

"Here kid, I'll drive you home today, and I'll talk to your parents about the hockey team, okay?" Gordon tells Kathleen who nods. The two of them went on with their last lesson that will just be the two of them.

Kathleen hopped into Bombay's truck which was full of trash. Kathleen gave a disgusted look to Bombay who just shrugged as he tried for the third time to start the car.

"You need to clean your truck." Kathleen tells him as she picks up a coke can that was on the floor. She turns it to read the expiration date which was from 2011. "Geez, this is from 2011!"

"Look kid, in helping you out here now stop criticizing my truck!" He tells her as they started driving to the Vos's house. The car ride was silent as Gordon was driving her home. She lived a couple of blocks down from Evan Morrow. They were behind a moving truck basically the whole time that Gordon honked at a couple of times. They followed that truck into the neighborhood.

It stopped at the house that had been for sale across from Evan's house. Kathleen decided to lie low in the seat as they past Evan and Nick. Kathleen dreaded seeing them later if her parents agreed. Gordon pulled into her drive way, and they both got out. It seemed as if Kathleen's mother was still at work.

Kathleen and Gordon walked to the front door, and Kathleen let them both in. Her father was watching the Tv. "Hey dad, my coach is here to talk to you." Mr. Vos got up, and immediately went to shake hands with Gordon who smiled at him.

"Hello, Mr. Vos-," Gordon started, but was cut off by Kathleen's father. "Please call me Theodore."

"Well, Theodore I'm here to talk about hockey and your daughter." When Gordon told him that his face dropped, and urged them both to sit down at the table. Kathleen looked at Gordon, and then her dad.

"There is a small team starting at the rink, and I'd think it would be a good idea for Kathleen to join. I'd make sure she is okay after practice, and-," Gordon got cut off again by Theodore who was smiling. "Sure."