Chapter 1: Let The Games Begin

Start from the beginning

I take off my blue coat and put it around the avatar. Katara looked surprised at the gesture.

"This should help keep him warm, the guy did after all just come out of an iceberg," I explained to her.

"You do have a soft side after all." She smiled, before mothering over Aang.

Aang slowly opened his eyes drowsy, being woken up by Katara's talks. "W -Wi…"

"He is trying to say something?" Katara said confused.

"W -Will you go penguin sledding with me?" Aang asked, abruptly and cheerfully.

"Okay?" She confusingly agrees.

I on the other hand observe the boy and use my <Observe> skill on him.

[The Avatar]
Aang (Lvl 48)

Ohh~ his level seemed quite high for a 12-year-old kid. But I guess he was still a master airbender, even though the monks were pacifists and doubt that Aang had ever fought against another bender in real combat.

I open my skill tab again and see how much had my Observe skill had improved from this.

<Observe> (Active) Lvl 1 Exp: 53.7%

Higher than expected, was it raised because Aang as the avatar was something very important and rare, or would it be this way for anyone? I Observe Katara again, and I got a 2% increase in Exp for the skill. Observing Aang again gave me another 27% increase in Exp. The first time probably gave me more, and this means that the more I observe the same thing, the less it would help with my Observe Level increase.

*Fwosh*

I am interrupted out of my thoughts as Aang suddenly rises to his feet.

Immediately I pointed my spear at the boy and asked. "How did you get trapped in the iceberg?"

"Huh?" Aang seemed confused by the aggressiveness. But I can't show anything that I knew of what was going on here.

"Sokka, no need to be so aggressive." Katara tried to diffuse the situation. 

But I didn't let go and told Aang. "Sorry, whoever you are, but I have to protect my sister. For all, we know you could be from the Fire Nation."

"Uhhh… I don't know how I became trapped in the iceberg." Avoided Aang unsure as he sidestepped from the spear's range.

*Grrrrrr*

Suddenly a growling noise interrupted our confrontation. Well if it isn't our good old Appa.

Aang jumps towards the inside of the iceberg and seeing the guy's jumping ability so close up was quite strange, to be honest. It seemed like gravity itself wasn't working on the young man.

I sighed at this and picked up my coat that had fallen on the ground.

"Let's go and see what that was," Katara said enthusiastically, waking over towards the inside of the iceberg without a care in the world. 

What a careless kid she is. I knew that the situation wasn't dangerous, but she didn't know that. 

So I walked over to the iceberg and saw the giant animal that was Appa. Truly a giant creature of wonder, it would beat any creature that I knew of back on earth, an elephant couldn't even put a scratch on the thing.

[Flying Bison]
Appa (Lvl ??)

What?! His level doesn't show?! Does it mean that it is at such a high level that I can't observe it? 

Wait… now that I think about it, this made sense. After all, this was a Flying Bison that weighed in tons, and from the series, I remember that he is quite dangerous in and of itself. It could destroy things easily with its power and can defeat most humans easily.

Thigh I guess that level isn't everything there is to power. Because I knew that Aang could beat Appa in a fight… of course if they were enemies. Plus the Observe skill wasn't taking into account the Avatar's lack of experience in fighting, and how a smaller body like his would help immensely in a fight of power. Airbenders are known to be nimble in their feet after all.

But while Katara looked at this in amazement, I decided to open my status window and check my stats.

….
A/N: Hope you like this. Anyway, a Level doesn't necessarily represent who could beat who in a fight. 

P.S: This story enhances at Chapter 14, not a spoiler. Just saying that the Gamer Interface is different from what it might seem.