She no longer wears her heart on her sleeve, open for everyone to see. She's closed off, and I know I'm to blame for that.

"How long have you two been out here? It's freezing!" I hear Mila say from her balcony next door.

"Not very long... We were just talking about things." Cleo shrugs, pulling the black beanie from off her head, setting it down next to her. "Well, yall should get ready, we're trying to get to the slopes early so we can do everything, you know before it gets packed." Mila informs us, looking from me to Cleo, seemingly trying to read us. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I questioned.

"Like what? I'm not looking at you any kind of way."

"Yeahhh, sure. Anyways, we're gonna go! we'll catch you at the dining hall?" Cleo laughs, before standing up and pulling me along with her.

"I'm sorry for Mila, she's been doing this thing where she thinks if she stares at people she'll get something out of them... it's awkward but that's Mila for you." Cleo says, once we're in the room with the balcony door closed.

"It's fine, I was just confused." I laughed out, taking off my coat and beanie. I pulled open my suit case and started to take out the clothes I wore for skiing, before placing them on the bed. When I looked back up, I saw Cleo typing away on her phone, a smile on her face.

I can't lie, a bit of jealousy washed over me because I wanted to know what was making her smile at her phone, but one, that's weird, and two, we aren't together so she can do whatever she wants...

Of course I say this, but I'm a jealous fuck and I'm still in love with her.

Did you just say love? L-O-V-E?!

I don't think I love her?! I don't fucking know I just said it because I don't really like the way the phrase, "I'm still in like with her" flows.

Sure, keep telling yourself that.

Oh fuck off.

"Ouch, what did I do?" Cleo says looking up from her phone.

"Huh?! Wait I didn't mean to say that out loud, I was thinking about something and it sort of came out." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Haha, it's fine. I could tell you were in deep thought, I looked up and saw you staring at both pairs of gloves. Didn't think it was that hard to chose, but I personally would say the black ones. Black goes with everything." She shrugged.

"I wasn't, thinking about the gloves. I zoned out on them. But black gloves it is."

The room fell silent, now that Cleo was whisked away in whatever was on her phone. I tried weighing out my options of who it could be and didn't like with who I was left with. It wouldn't be Chris because she would've went to see him instead of texting, it wasn't Ryland because she'd just go next door so the only person that popped into my head was whoever the fuck that Noah guy was that Mila mentioned.

Last time we talked about him, or the last time I brought him up out of anger, she said he was just a friend. A friend who she never mentioned in our time of knowing each other so I don't know how much I truly believed that.

So I decided to ask her about him, because I mean it wouldn't hurt right? He's just a friend.

"So... how's your friend back at home? Noah was his name?" I questioned, as if I didn't already know.

"Um... yeah he's doing great. I'm actually talking to him now, haven't had time to reach out since I've been back but, yeah." She says, shuffling in her spot on her bed. "How long have you known him?"