Chapter 13

Texas

^^^^^

Friday Night.

"You look nice," Lavan told me as he stood next to me.

I was wearing a burgundy tight dress that stopped at my mid-thigh and I matched it with black heels.

"Thank ya, thank ya." I pulled my locs up into a messy bun.

Vanny was wearing a black hoodie with the words 'EARTH BEINGS' in maroon. I assumed he designed that himself since he usually did stuff like that. He was the creative one of the family.

I put on my black jean jacket and I was ready. I walked into the living room, seeing Mel and Nelly.

"Ooh, y'all look nice." I complimented them both. I still haven't talked to Nelly yet but I could compliment my sister, regardless.

"So do you, boo." Mel smiled. Lavan and Melby left, leaving Nelly and I.

We were both waiting for our dates to come pick us up.

"You look nice, Lopie."  She muttered. I laughed at the fact that she called me by one of my middle names. She always called me that when she was little.

"You too, Celise." I called her by hers and we both started laughing. Our middle names were weird.

"Texas, I'm sorry." She blurted out. I was about to say something but knocks from the door interrupted me. Before I opened the door, I hugged Nelly tightly, telling her we were good. I opened the door to see Koffi and Ten. 

"Hey, guys." I smiled, seeing how nice Koffi looked. I let them in and Ten went over to Nelly. I'm not sure where their young asses were going but it definitely wasn't to the club. I hugged Koffi and took in the nice cologne that complimented him.

"You look nice," He whispered in my ear lowly.

"Thank you." I blushed hard.

"You ready?" He asked me as he held out his hand. I nodded and took his hand. He led me out the door and took me into his car that I've grown to love. It had a nice black interior with a red accent, and he kept it clean.

He opened the passenger door for me and I grinned to myself. The whole date thing was Zani's idea but Koffi seemed to be taking it seriously.

Koffi got into the driver's seat and started up the car. I took the time to admire his outfit. He was wearing all black. Black collared shirt that was opened up, exposing his chest. He put on a gold chain and his hair was freshly braided in the cornrows I did. I noticed the black checkered belt that sat on his waist.

"You clean up nice." I spoke up.

"Thank ya." He placed his hand on my thigh as he drove.

We sat in comfortable silence until he turned up the radio. Ari Lennox's Shea Butter Baby played and we both sang along to her words. Koffi knew the J.Cole part word for word. Once the song was over, Koffi turned down the radio.

"So, guess what?" He started. I turned to him slowly.

"What?"

"I'm gonna open another Kaffeine." He smiled and I got excited myself.

"Really? I'm so happy for you, Koffi." I squeezed his hand tightly.

"Thanks, mama. My plan was to add a nail salon in that one but I did the math and Ash and I don't have enough money for that." 

"Soooooooo," I dragged. "What are you saying?" 

"I want you to be our third partner."

"Huh? I mean, I'd be happy to, but we've known each other for like 2 months?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I was trying to figure out why he would want me to be his third partner.