Chapter 5

Steve's POV

"Sir, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Tony Stark are here. Would you like me to bring them here," F.R.I.D.A.Y said.

"Yes please F.R.I.D.A.Y," I sighed. What did they want. Maybe they finally realised the truth and are coming to agree with me. Probably going to yell at me about how I'm 'such a bad dad'. They couldn't see that I was doing the best for Paige.

The elevator doors opened.

"Hello Steve. Shall we sit and talk," Nat looked at me her face full of disgust and hatred.

I walked to the dining room and sat on one side of the table while they all sat opposite me.

"Look Steve Peter is distraught you've hurt him so bad. Why can't you accept him for who he is. It isn't a choice he was born like this," Tony looked at me.

"It's not natural and don't give me that crap if SHE was born a boy then SHE would be a boy but SHE is a GIRL. Also stop with this Peter crap her name is Paige."

"He's your son Steve why can't you understand this. Remember back in the 40s the support you wanted. That's what Peter needs why can't you give it to him," Clint questioned.

"SHE'S MY DAUGHTER NOT MY SON!," I started to get infuriated why wouldn't they listen. Why did they keep feeding into this nonsense. I took a deep breath,"Look don't bring my sexuality into this it has nothing to do with it. I stand by the words I said to her. She is a girl. She was born a girl. She will stay a girl. She will die a girl. End of."

Tony's POV

I have to admit I lost my temper a bit. I stood up and just yelled at him

"HE. ITS HE. LOOK STEVE JUST FUCKING ACCEPT HIM. HE IS NOT A GIRL. THERE IS LITTRALY SCIENCE THAT PROVES YOUR WRONG. HIS NAME IS PETER AND HE'S YOUR SON!"

Steve then stood up too and just shouted back.

"SHE IS A GIRL THERE ARE FACTS THAT PROVE THAT TOO. I'M DOING WHATS BEST FOR HER. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM BRAINWASHING OUR DAUGHTER TO BELEIVE THESE... THESE DELUSIONS,"

"we're done," I muttered

"What did you say. Speak up I can't hear you."

"I SAID WE ARE DONE. IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT PETER THEN WE ARE OVER,"

I gestured to the others that we should leave.

Steve's POV

I watched Nat, Clint and Tony leave. I sat down in shock. I couldn't quite believe what had happened. Me and Tony were over? Why would he do this. Just because he can't accept the fact that Paige is a girl. I went to the kitchen and poured myself some beer. I know I couldn't get drunk from it but It might help.

Peter's POV

(Loki is using all pronouns at the moment)

"UNO," I slammed my last card on the pile.

(In my house we say uno when you play your last card I understand other people say it when you have one card left but thats how I play so I'm writing it like this)

I sat back on the sofa. "I win again," I laughed.

"I think I'm getting the hang of this," Loki said,"wait what does this card do?"

I leaned over and saw that she had a +2 card. Thor was not going to like this. I grinned and took the card and placed it down.

"Pick up 2," I turned back to Loki," basically when you play it the next person has to pick up 2 cards unless they also have a pick up 2 then they can play that so the next person has to pick up 4 and so on if that makes sense,"

"Ahh yes I understand thank you Peter,"

I turned back to look at Thor. He picked up 2 cards while muttering something about how this game was stupid.

"Peter you have school tomorrow by the way," said Wanda as she picked up a card.

I groaned.

"Do you not like school Peter," questioned Loki.

"It's alright I guess. It's just it's school," I shrugged my shoulders," it gets a bit boring I suppose and I have double English tomorrow."

"I think it would be quite cool to go to school," Loki said thoughtfully.

"Trust me you don't it's hell the kids there are so annoying and the teachers are boring,"

The doors opened. Dad, Nat and Clint were back.

"So how did it go," asked Thor

Dad didn't say anything he just walled to the kitchen grabbed a bottle of alcohol; walked to his room and shut the door.

My heart sunk but I tried to smile and pretend I was fine. I cried enough yesterday as it is.

Nat sat down next to me and Clint sat on the opposite sofa.

"Well we spoke to him," Clint started to say.

Nay put her arm around me somehow she could tell I needed it.

"And...," Thor asked

"Im getting there. Not good news," he gulped," he still refuses to accept Peter,"

I sighed even though I expected it.

"Also him and Tony started shouting at eachover and...well... they broke up,"

I couldn't take it anymore I got up and ran to my bedroom. I slammed the door and locked it.

I paced my room tears streaming down my face. I sat down on my bed and grabbed a notebook that was beside my bed. I flicked through the pages. All of them were empty. Good. I grabbed a pen and just started writing.

937 words