𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟐 - 𝟖

Start from the beginning

"That's a lie," the monster said angrily. "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"Then... you're not the monster?" I asked, shocked into speaking.

"Is that a young girl too? How delicious," the spider grumbled. I blanched, and reached for Potter's arm.

"No, I am not the monster," it continued. "The monster was born in the castle. I came to Hagrid from a distant land, in the pocket of a traveler."

"Harry," Weasley whimpered, frantically looking around. I realized how many more spiders were circling us than before.

"But if you're not the monster, then what did kill that girl fifty years ago?" Potter questioned. Apparently that was the wrong thing to say.

"We do not speak of it," Aragog roared. "It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

"But have to seen it," Potter pushed on, frustrated. 

"I never saw any part of the castle but the box in which Hagrid kept me. The girl was discovered in a bathroom," it answered. "When I was accused, Hagrid brought me here."

"Harry," Weasley said, much more urgently, tugging on his sleeve.

"What?" Potter finally said.

Weasley only pointed up to the top of the trees. Hundreds of the biggest spiders I had ever seen were closing in on us, lowering themselves from strands of silk, or scurrying down trees. 

"Well. Thank you," Potter swallowed. "We'll just... go."

"Go?" Aragog asked.

Weasley nodded his head and made a squeaky sound in his throat.

"I think not," the spider spoke, like he had sandpaper in his throat. "My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid, on my command, but I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst." Maybe I would throw up all over his sons and daughters. 

"Goodbye, friends of Hagrid."

"Can we panic now?" Weasley choked out.

A spider landed hard and sudden in front of us, slowly advancing. The three of us whipped out our wands, standing with our backs facing each other in a tight circle. I released my hand from Potter's arm, because I assumed I had cut off his blood circulation by now, but the comfort of his skin on mine was gone. 

A spider who had a singular eye the size of my head hissed and jumped towards me, and I interlocked our fingers. His only sign of notice was a small intake of breath.

"Know any spells?" Weasley's voice came from my right.

"One. But it's not powerful enough for all of them," Potter rushed out.

"Where's Hermione when you need her?" I asked.

By now all the spiders were in a tight-knit circle around the three of us and Fang. The lantern was long gone, somewhere on the forest floor. There was no possible way to get out of this. 

Then, a two bright lights came from behind me. We all whipped around, and the spiders scattered. There was a beat up, blue car with flashing headlights skidding into the clearing. It skidded to a stop and threw open it's doors.

Potter and I squished into the passenger seat, and Weasley fell into the driver's seat. A spider ran into the window on Potter and I's side, and I screamed. Another one landed on the roof of the car, cracking the already dented windshield. 

"Go!" Potter yelled.

The magic car revved its engine, shooting backwards. Two spiders were still clinging onto the vehicle, and more were chasing us. We went under a huge lifted root, knocking any remaining spiders off.