vi. 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝗅𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

Start from the beginning

Layla softly gasps, but she quickly looks in her locker when Paisley looks her way. "You really thought I wouldn't know? I'm not that stupid, Paisley," Starr remarks before she glances at Gia. "It's not what you think."

"I'm not thinking anything. I just want to know why my girlfriend lied about where she was," Starr says. Paisley glances at Gia before looking back at her girlfriend. "Until you're ready to tell me why you lied, don't talk to me until then."

Starr turns her head to Layla. "Let's go, Layla."

The redhead closes her locker, she smiles at Paisley before following Starr.
"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'm not mad, I'm just kind of disappointed."

Well, at least Starr knows where to draw her lines. Maybe she could teach Thea a few of her tips.

Layla's eyes falls on Scott and Allison, who are talking near the stairs. She needs to talk to Scott. He hadn't answered any of her texts yesterday. He just left her on read without replying.

"Starr, I must speak with Scott. You can go on to Econ," Layla tells the girl. Starr looks over to Allison and Scott, and she nods before walking off.

The redhead waits until Allison and Scott are done talking. She takes out her phone and just when the girl walks off, Layla sends a text to Scott to see if he'll reply to her. She slowly walks over, waiting for him to check his phone.

Scott looks down at his phone to see a message from Layla. He sighs, deciding to ignore it for now. He will get back to her later.

"So, you have been ignoring my texts."

He turns around, surprised to see her. How did not hear her walking up to him. "Uh. . ."

"You've been ignoring my text, why? I thought we had agreed to talk about Biology. We were supposed to set up a schedule for when we can study Biology together," Layla says. "Uh, well, I was going to reply, but I forgot, sorry."

Layla shakes her head, "It's fine, but we really do need to talk. When are you free?"

"Can I get back to you on that?"

"No. We need to work on getting your grades up, Scott. Mr. Evans is probably already planning another test on Monday, and you need to at least get a D on this test to show that you've actually improved," Layla tells him. She's not about to risk failing a small test like this when she's never failed before.

"Uh, how about tomorrow after school? Would that be okay?"

"After school? Library?" she asks him. "Uh, sure."

"Great then. And when I text you send an okay or something. And please don't forget about tomorrow," she tells him. He sighs, nodding his head. "Okay, then. Enjoy the rest of your day."

She walks off to her first class, which is Econ.

▷▷▷

Scott sighs, standing up from his seat. His Math teacher just called him up to the board to solve a problem. And it didn't help that Lydia Martin was already at the board.

Scott begins writing trying to ignore the glares Lydia is throwing his way, "Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?" Lydia asks him.

"'Cause I'm sort of not," Scott tells her as he looks over at her.
"I think you sort of are."

"Especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him," Lydia adds looking away from him.

"He brutally injured himself ramming into me," Scott tells him, knowing full well that it was his fault. "Jackson's going to play tomorrow, but he's not going to be at his peak. And I prefer my boyfriend at peak performance," Lydia tells him, making him frown at her.