Chapter 2 - Life

I woke up and looked out the window and saw it was still night outside

I woke up and looked out the window and saw it was still night outside. I heard clock ticking and looked at the wall and saw it was 3:58 am. I quickly got up and placed some socks on my feet. I slowly started walking and almost fell over Finn who was at the floor sleeping and I walked outside quietly closing doors behind me.

I walked inside the kitchen and quietly opened the cupboards in which were plates and counted how many I need them and started placing them on the table. I placed glasses in front of every plate and then placed forks, knives and spoons on good sides.

I quickly started sweeping the floor and went in kitchen again making breakfast for everyone. Sun started coming out and I started rubbing my eyes after placing breakfast on the table.

"Where is Rose?" I heard Polly asking. "I don't know, she was sleeping." I heard Finn saying and footsteps going down the stairs. I was standing next to table rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"Rose?" I heard Thomas saying and I quickly placed my hands down and blinking few times. "I made breakfast, sir. I cleaned too because it was a bit messy." I said. "Why did you do that?" Polly asked me and I looked around and then back at everyone. "Well, I wanted to. It was what I would do everyday at orphanage so they wouldn't punish me." I said.

"That is nice of you, Rose. But you don't have to do that anymore." John said and I nodded. "I'm sorry, I won't." I said and all of them sat on the table. "Won't you join us, Rose?" Esme asked and I shook my head. "I ate already." I said and walked up in my room again.

*Finn's POV*

"I feel sorry for her." aunt Pol said as we started eating. "She lost her parents, she was abused her whole life. She didn't have childhood." she said and Tommy nodded. "Yes, she didn't. But now, she shall be living her life. Finn, take her to Garrison's today." he said and I nodded.

"John, Arthur, let's go." Tommy said and they got up and left. "What do you think about Rose, Finn?" aunt Pol asked and I shrugged. "She's ambitious and smart. She has a nice heart." I said and aunt Pol nodded. "Please, be kind to her and protect her." she said and I nodded. "I will."

I got up from the table and went up to my room. I entered and saw Rose sitting on window curled up with her head leaning on glass. "Are you ready?" I asked and she nodded jumping down and walking past me outside.

*Rose's POV*

"Next!" Finn said and man walked past us and inside room where Arthur, Thomas and John were. "Want smoke?" Finn asked and I nodded taking cigarette from his hand and pulling smoke in my lungs.

I leaned with my head on the wall giving Finn his cigarette back closing my eyes. "You good?" he asked and I nodded. "Just tired." I said and he left my side but I didn't care to open my eyes again. "Move." he said and placed one tall chair behind me and I jumped on it. "Thank you." I said and he nodded.