It's time to let her go.

End of flashback

I'm sitting inside the recording booth while waiting for my producer so we can start recording my new song. I scrolled through my camera roll and I came across some old pictures of and Hailee.

After that encounter with Hailee, she never stopped messaging me. Asking to talk to me. A part of me wants to accept her request but I tried to ignore her messages. She even left a ton of voicemails for me.

A couple of minutes passed by and my producer arrived.

"Hi, Y/N. I hope you didn't wait long." Jay said as he entered the room.

"It's only been 10 minutes, Jay. You're a busy guy so I understand." I smiled.

"Great! So, shall we begin the recording?" He asked and I happily nodded.

"Awesome. Just head inside the booth and just give me the go signal if you're ready to start." He continued and I walked inside the booth and prepared everything I need. The recording went a bit smoothly eventhough there were times that I couldn't help my voice from shaking as I try to stop myself from crying again as I thought of Hailee as I sing the song.

-----

I'm now standing behind the curtains of the backstage as I wait for my cue to appear in front of the audience. I accepted Jimmy's request to guest on his show.

"And now, our guest for tonight!! She shook the whole world with her amazing and very relatable song called If I Would Have Known! No more introductions needed to add. Please welcome! Y/N L/N everyone!" I took a deep breath before coming out of the curtains and waved to the audience.

Jimmy greeted me with a small hug which I returned.

"Thank you so much for joining us tonight, Y/n." He started as soon as we both sat down.

"I should be the one thanking you Jimmy. It's a great honor to be here on your show." I chuckled as bit when the crowd went wild.

We talked about random things, making jokes here and there, making the audience laugh.

"Okay so let's talk about your song If I Would Have Known and your new single, Let Go. What... What's the message behind these songs?" He asked, I cleared my throat a bit as I answered.

"So If I Would Have Known is a song meant for the person who left without saying anything. As you know, the chorus goes "If I would have known that you wouldn't be here anymore, I would've made the moments last a little longer" so it kinda holds the message of regret, regret on the part where I never made the most out of every moment that I had with that person not knowing that that last moment we had together would be the last and that person won't be there anymore. And my new song Let Go... I guess the title says it all. That you're finally letting go of that person, giving up everything what you both had, letting go of that person's hand. That you're setting them free although it still hurts. Even if the pain is still there. That you're ready to let go and move on with your life. A life without that person by your side anymore. That you're going on your different directions from here on out. Let Go is like an acceptance and farewell song for that person. So basically, If I Would Have Known and Let Go are kinda related with each other. And being the one who wrote it and as someone who just went through a break up, I'm the one who can relate the most to the messages of the song." I explained as the crowd went awe.

"Wow. That... That's really deep. Who would have thought that those two songs are actually connected with each other. There you have it folks! And in just a few moments, we'll be back and Y/N will be singing us her new song Let Go. Stay tuned!" Jimmy said as the director said cut and the audience clapped.