5° 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

Pushing the door open, the five of them entered the fairly empty hall and walked towards their table.

 Marlene sat down first with Lily on her left side and Cassie on her right side, in front of Lily sat Mary and in front of Marlene sat Alice, leaving a space open for Frank and the Prewett twins to sit. 

"ugh, see we're early" Marlene moaned still annoyed she didn't get her 'beauty' sleep.

"Just wait, this hall will be full in the next 10 minutes," Lily said checking her muggle watch she had charmed to work in Hogwarts.

Lily was right of course, for in 10 minutes the great hall was bustling with chatter. The House tables were all full except the Gryffindor one which was just missing 4 boys. 

Walking towards the Gryffindor table were the said boys also known as The Marauders, as they named themselves after Professor McGonagall called them it once in their transfiguration class but the boys or more like Sirius and James decided they liked it and started calling themselves it.

Lily groaned as she looked up from her breakfast and saw James strutting up to where she was sitting.

"Lilypad!"

"No!" Lily wondered how someone couldn't understand the meaning of the word no.

"One day you'll say yes" He replied confidently as he walked to his seat by Remus.

"Oh Sev and Reg are here!" Lily told the girls excitedly, watching as they walked towards the Slytherin table with another Slytherin who she had to admit was very handsome. Catching Lily's eye he shot her a wink and smile causing her to blush madly.

This encounter went unnoticed by most except 3 individuals. One was sitting by his lovesick friend hoping no one else had seen the interaction, the others were her friends Cassie and Mary who exchanged a knowing glance.

"Why don't we go find out who their new friend is?" Cassie suggested.

"Yep that's a great idea! plus I can finally meet Severus and Regulus" Mary agreed, knowing what Cassie was trying to do.

"You guys go, I'm going to stay here with Frank"

"Okay have fun with Frank," Marlene said suggestively wiggling her eyebrows.

"MARLENE! We're just friends!"

"Sure" Marlene agreed sarcastically

"We are!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" 

                                                                          ~

As the four of them approached the Slytherin table, they received a couple looks from Lucius Malfoy and his little posse but most of the Slytherins were already used to the two Gryffindors coming to their table so they paid them no mind. 

Frankly, they didn't care what house you were from as long as you didn't accuse, judge, or insult them. They were also wizards and witches just like the other houses, but they had been judged based on the actions of a few, even though every house has had a couple of members that have gone down the dark path. 

"Hi reg, hi sev. This is Mary! The friend I was telling you about "

"Hi! I can't believe I finally get to meet you guys!" Mary said causing the young Black to smile while Snape discreetly rolled his eyes.

"It's nice to meet you too, Hi Marlene!" Regulus said happily upon noticing her presence.

"Hi Reggie, how have you been?"

"I've been good, guess what I found the other day!" He said eagerly causing the two to go into their own conversation.

"Sev aren't you going to introduce us to your friend," Cassie asked him 

"He's Regulus's friend"

"I am disappointed to know you don't think of me as a friend but anyway I'm Augustus. Feel free to call me Gus or August but please do not call me Auggie or Goose, they are very embarrassing nicknames" He said amused.

"Hi Goose" Lily smiled coyly.

"Ahh" He sighed as he gazed at her "There's always one" 

"Hello blaze" He responded smiling and leaning closer across the table to Lily who was slowly becoming red due to his close proximity.

"I'm Lily" She said slowly leaning towards to him.

"And I'm James" A voice obnoxiously announced.

"Potter! Why are you here?"

"Oh you have a boyfriend?" August asked staring between the two of them.

"No"

"Yes"

"What! I'm not your girlfriend Potter so please leave me alone"

"Yeah, I lied, she's my soulmate"

"No, I'm not! Leave me alone"

"Um peter? Is that your name?"

"Um no it's-"

"Okay Pedro, I frankly don't care what your name is because I'll most likely forget it as soon as you walk away from our table since you're not really relevant to me, which you will do or well let me put it lightly, I'm sure there are many people on this table who would love to jinx you. So leave blaze alone like she's asked you to, two times now and go back to your table." August said scarily calm.

" Do you know who I am?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Um no, should I?" August raised an eyebrow.

"I am James Potter, Leader of the marauders, Captain of th-" He started puffing his chest out.

"Okay Pietro, I didn't ask for a boring speech now hurry along back to your table" August said bored causing James to grudgingly go back to his friends.

"I'm sorry about that" Lily apologised shyly

"No it's fine but who is he?" looking over at the Gryffindor table to see James glaring at him, causing him to smirk.

"Just a creep who can't take no for an answer" Cassie answered before lily could part her lips

"I was going to say a guy who believes I'm his soulmate but Cassie's answer works as well" Lily shrugged causing August to chuckle quietly.

"Um what class do you guys have next?"

"Cassie and I have ancient runes"

"I have transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs, it's close to the ancient runes classroom so I'll walk you if you want?"

"Yes!" Lily responded eagerly "I mean yeah sure" 

"Real smooth Lils" Cassie whispered to Lily laughing.

"Oh shut it" Lily swiftly responded as they started to walk out of the great hall.

_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳_̳

Written 13/11/21
Published 23/12/21

A/N: They're in 5th year and I kinda want them to have a glow up so I'm using pictures of them that look younger