3° 𝙆𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙨 & 𝙁𝙞𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙈𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕖𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

I woke up to see it was only 1 AM, meaning I had slept through dinner. Overwhelmed with hunger, I decided to go down to the kitchens to get a midnight snack. This was one of the few times I wished James and I were still friends because I could've just asked him for his invisibility cloak instead of having to hide behind walls and peeking out to check if Filch and his annoying cat, which I strongly believe to be a Maledictus, was there.

After several long minutes and many tummy grumbles, I arrived at the kitchens.

I remember when I found the kitchens with James and Sirius in our 2nd Year a week before they both dropped me, we were walking around bored when I wondered if the paintings could feel tickles so we went round tickling every painting we came across then Sirius decided to tickle a painting of a fruit bowl, at first I just shook my head at how stupid he was to think a fruit painting could feel tickles until we heard little giggles coming from the painting but to check we weren't imagining it, Sirius went to tickle the painting again only to realize the portrait was now ajar so with no hesitance we decided to take a peek only to see many house-elves cooking and cleaning.

I sat down at the table and asked Posie, who was probably my favourite house-elf, for a hot chocolate.

"here is Miss Correlles' hot chocolate, Posie hopes it is perfect and not too hot"

"Thanks Posie, It's perfect" I replied after taking a huge gulp of the drink.

"You is very welcome miss" Posie responded before going over to help cook breakfast.

I've always wondered how house-elves are born like do they reproduce or are they made like smurfs. I guess I'll have to ask Gally.

It was around 2 AM when I got back to the common room so I sat on the comfy red couch aka the pride of Gryffindor and just stared at the fire so intently that I nearly didn't notice the ball of fire forming in my palm, keyword nearly, I jumped off the couch and let out a scream making the ball of fire diminish. The next second I heard a set of footsteps coming down the boys' dorm quickly, only to see someone I deeply disliked, James fricking Potter.

He must be half asleep because the first thing he said was "Are you okay? Why'd you scream? Are you dying?" while checking over my body to check if I was hurt.

"Yes! Yes, I'm fine, I just freaked out and stop touching my face!" because he was indeed moving my head around and squashing my face with his cupped hands.

He cleared his throat then asked, "Um so what scared you?"

"Okay just watch this," I said as I lead him over to the couch I had just jumped off. 

I sat in the same spot while James sat next to me. I stared at the fire for about 5 minutes when James decided to distract me.

 "Um so what am I supposed to be seeing because I'm not really seeing anything out of the ordinary except for the fact we're actually talking to each other normally"

"Ugh you just distracted me just shut up and watch me," I said frustrated making James mutter under his breath "jinxed it". 

They had been sitting in front of the couch for around 10 minutes when the ball of fire appeared in her palm making James scream while trying to slap it away.

After I diminished the ball of fire James asked with a hint of panic "What the hell was that?"

"Fire coming out of my hand" I deadpanned with a roll of my eyes

"Yes I can see that, I'm not blind"

"Well your glasses say otherwise"

"Why is there fire coming out of your hands?" James asked ignoring her remark.

"I don't know that's why I screamed"

"We could ask Dumbledore"

"Who's we? I am going to ask Dumbledore if I can't figure it out on my own" I said making sure to emphasize the I.

"Okay then, You can find out what it is all alone since you want to be all independent and stuff or I could help you which would speed up finding out what the hell that was" He replied slightly annoyed.

"Nope I'm fine, I don't need your help. You can keep it for Sirius who keeps needing it"

"Fine do it yourself!"

"I will"

"Well do it"

"It's nearly 3 AM, I'm not doing it now!"

"Okay I'm going to bed," He said walking up the stairs.

"Yeah go to bed"

"Because you just said that I'm sleeping on the couch," He said walking back down the stairs towards the couch.

"Okay well I'm going to bed"

"Okay I'm going after you"

"Actually I'll stay down here just so you can't go to bed"

"Fine"

So they both sat down on the couch waiting for the other to give up and go to bed. Eventually, they both ended up sleeping on the couch.

------------------------------

ɪᴍ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ ɪꜱ. ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ :/ James is in 5th year rn so this is how he looks rn.

Written: 21/9/21

Published: 25/10/21