Part 123: Intergalactic Event 2/3

Loki had finally pulled himself away from Thor to go back to you, it took him a lot longer than he thought it would, he was a little mad at his brother and himself for leaving you alone for so long. Loki walked over to the bay window where he left you but he was unfortunately pulled into several conversations along the way, but eventually, he did make his way back, but you weren't there. He looked around but couldn't find you, as you were still outside with the animals, but he obviously didn't know that. He walked around to talk to the few members of the Avengers that were there, asking if they saw you or knew where you were. Of course, they didn't, but not wanting to make a scene, at least not yet, they began to circulate around the ballroom to look for you, doing so discreetly. 

Several more minutes had gone by and Loki was obviously getting rather nervous, although he did an excellent job of hiding it, being able to remain calm if pulled into a conversation. He had only been drawn into one other conversation after speaking with the Avengers when someone spoke up, getting everyone's attention. Everyone started listening to this person, all except the God of Mischief, who took this opportunity to get a better look around so he could find you. Not paying attention though was definitely a mistake, as Loki could have warned the guests or put a stop to him, Vortex Uyuud, a deadly intergalactic warrior, and not the honourable kind. 

Loki realized too late, and Vortex Uyuud turned on a machine, he said it was some high-tech holographic light display to entertain the guests and although it lit up, it was definitely not entertaining. The machine targeted the most powerful beings at the party first, launching out collars and handcuffs that instantly attached around their necks and wrists, leaving them more or less powerless. Within less than a minute the majority of the guests had handcuffs and collars; the Avengers, the Asgardian soldiers, the members of the Nova Corps, and the rest, all left helpless. Vortex's crew soon appeared, grabbing everyone wearing a collar, separating them out from the "weak" guests, and he soon spotted Loki. "Ooo... Loki of Asgard... you know, out of all the royals, high-rollers and ambassadors in the universe, you are one of the last creatures I expected to see here tonight," Vortex said slyly. "Brother who is this?" Thor asked Loki, who was clearly embarrassed about it, but he eventually admitted that he was Vortex Uyuud, a dangerous bounty hunter and space pirate and also an ex-lover. 

"Now... where is Irani Rael?" Vortex ordered as she, the leader of the Nova Corps was his main target, as the bounty on her head was in the millions. It took little time to find her as the second Vortex's crew started threatening people she appeared, calling him a coward and a bunch of other insults, but Vortex enjoyed her little speech, seeing as it would make killing her that much more entertaining. "Now let's see, who else important is here tonight," Vortex said holding a gun to Irani Rael's head, while his second in command looked through some sort of database to see if there were any other guests with a sizeable bounty on their head. His crew grabbed a few other guests who were wanted by a low-life here or by some rich guy wanting revenge there, or whatever, soon having them escorted out, along with Irani Rael.  

Vortex Uyuud then turned back to Loki, grabbing him pulling him in for a kiss, telling the God of Mischief how much he missed him. Vortex kept going on about how cute he looked all tied up while having Loki sit next to him, as he contacted his employer, to tell them the good news. He was soon done, pulling Loki into his arms for another kiss, before saying, "Oh baby, it's going to be just like it was before, it'll be perfect, although I'll have to keep you all tied up for a while, as we wouldn't want you going anywhere". "We certainly wouldn't" you call from out of nowhere, slamming your sword through his machine, demolishing it, to prevent it from collaring and handcuffing anyone else. You stood back up, pulling your sword out of the destroyed machine, stepping forward in your gleaming Dragon Armour, to challenge this Vortex Uyuud.  

You listened in for a while, as Vortex Uyuud went on about this and that, about his evil plans and the like, you thought this guy was so full of himself, and a yandere on top of that? Seriously what did Loki ever see in this guy? This guy was nuts and you were pissed, how dare he put his hands on your Loki, how dare he kiss your love, you were going to kill him. It then occurs to you that this must have been how Loki felt when Pietro tried to kiss you after confessing his feelings, but this was worse, so much worse and this asshole was going to pay. 

You knew you needed to isolate some of his crew so that taking them all down would be easier, deciding to head off and rescue the few guests who were being escorted out to one of the ships. You quickly shifted into your Dragon Armour, following them over to where the ships were parked, keeping to the shadows so they wouldn't notice you. You used your powers to turn Tizona into a different weapon like you did back on Asgard, but this time opting for a large bow. You pulled back the string, summoning a flame arrow waiting for just the right moment to fire at the enemy. The moment came, and you let loose your arrow, hitting one of the larger henchmen in the back, alerting the others to your presence. When they came to investigate no one was there, which freaked them out, they didn't know how many there were but knew they were under attack so they got ready. You were hiding behind a different ship on the other side from where you were before, and you decided it would be fun as well as practical to try and rile them up.  

You waited in the shadows as Vortex's second in command ordered whoever was there to come out, as they aimed their weapons in different directions. You watched carefully looking for a blindspot and you found one, grabbing a guard from behind muffling his scream, yanking him back in the dark. You did make a little bit of noise but by the time they turned around you had already disappeared again, and you could tell from your new hiding spot your plan was working. They moved in the direction where you dragged off that smaller henchman, away from their captives, you almost laughed, were they really this dumb? They clearly had never seen a horror movie, you really hoped space pirates would be more intelligent than this, but alas, they were only disappointing.  

You could tell how tense some of them were getting, one little scare away from losing it, so you let out a blast, launching a large flame with it landing in between them. This made some of the more nervous ones start firing in all directions but you anticipated this, jumping in to block laser fire from hitting the prisoners, as you ran in taking the rest of them down. You knocked several of their weapons from their hands, sending them flying near the captured guests and they soon joined the fight, despite being handcuffed. With their help, you had taken the rest of them down no problem, spending the next few minutes removing the collars and handcuffs by melting and tearing them off. 

With the prisoners free, the henchmen dealt with, and all of them having a weapon now to fight back, you huddled them up to tell them the plan on how they'd rescue the others. One of the guests spoke up asking why they should listen to you, recognizing him as one of the few people who completely ignored you while talking with Loki. You told him bluntly, "I just saved your ass, that makes me in charge if you have a problem with that you can take it up with Tizona" holding out your sword in his direction. He quickly shut up, as did the others, all but Irani Rael who asked what the plan was, and you smiled explaining exactly what they were going to do to save everyone.  

With everyone filled in on what to do and moving into position, waiting for your signal, you took in a deep breath, readying up for the main event.