Chapter 2

At that insignificant and childish appearance, Sarah clicked her tongue. Before they knew it, her gentle face became cold as if the temperature had dropped.

    "Please note that it is unfair for only Sarah Millen to be recognized as a Countess."

    At those words, May trembled and swallowed saliva without realizing it.
    May was much easier to deal with than Sarah had expected. She could tell just by looking at her hastily averting her gaze to hide her trembling eyes.

    'May Chenblun. It is foolish to be weak against the strong and infinitely strong against the weak.'

    Sarah knew the appearance of May Chenblun in the novel 'Flower of Darkness'.

    'No one will love you, Young Master Claude.'
    'How can I truly love Young Master Claude, who can kill people more simply than breathing?'
    'You killed Sarah, your nanny, didn't you?'

    She was the extra who whispered these words and encouraged Claude to fall further into despair.
    The most appropriate way to deal with May was to press her down with the logic of overwhelming power. That way, she wouldn't dare to think about what to do.
    Sarah looked down and met May's eyes.

    "......Let's have a simple class."

    The way she looked down at May with dark blue eyes was arrogant, but at the same time, it suited her very well.
    Under Sarah's power, May trembled involuntarily.

    "Now, repeat after me. Miss May."

    Sarah spoke in a sweet voice, as if she were teaching a child an unfamiliar word.

    "Countess, Millen."
    "......!"

    May's face, which was thought to be unable to turn any redder, now heated up as if it was about to explode. Seeing that, Sarah said with a smile.

    "Come on."

    Her eyes gleamed and shimmered in the cold light.
    With the unknown spirit emanating from Sarah, May had no choice but to repeat her words as if she was vomiting it out without her knowing.

    "Coun, Countess Millen."

    At the same time, May frowned and covered her mouth.

    "Good job."

    Sarah smiled sweetly and praised May, then turned her gaze away and passed by her indifferently as if she had finished her errands.

    "......"
    "......"

    Watching Sarah walk to Claude's room with a cane on her side and the fine silk gloves on both hands off one by one, the Duke's servants quietly raised their thumbs.

    "I appreciate Miss May's consideration, but I will only accept her heart. From now on, Young Lord Claude Ambrosia is under my jurisdiction."

    Sarah, who was shocked by Claude's unexpected rejection, was able to regain her reason thanks to May's tantrum. Sarah didn't fully realize this one thing until she stood before Claude's tightly closed door.

    'It was strange that the world would only move as written in 'Flower of Darkness'. Even if it changes a little now, what I have to do doesn't change.'

    She had an oath with Claude's biological mother, Dieline.
    The Duchess, Dieline Ambrosia, was Claude's biological mother, but the current Duke, Ethan Ambrosia, was not Claude's biological father.
Claude's biological father was not the Duke, but his younger brother, Hugel Ambrosia.