Chapter 14: Friend or Enemy?

--- Y/n Pov ---

[ time skip one week because I can ]

"So alright since everybody is here, I would like to make a toast", I started the announcement in the mic, staying at the stage for the after party that Tony organized which he wanted it so badly.

I met everyone's eyes even the one of my close friends sitting on the last row one of the tables next to the twins, an instant smile formed on my lips.

"Well honestly I'm not really good at holding a speech and I didn't prepare anything so I'll just say what comes through my mind", I took a quick breath before continuing.

"At first I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to be a part of the Avengers, to have good friends who I can count on.
Thanks to my friends who encouraged me to join the team, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be here so a big thank you guys..", gaining a few loud whistles within the audience which made me grin.

"and of course I'm really glad that this cooperation is happening because I'm looking forward what will happen in the further times and of course thanks to Tony for making this everything happen",

"So I guess let the party begin", I ended my speeche a huge cloud of confetti was raining above us and the corks of champagner bottles popped echoing the room and raising my glass to the crowd. And huge whistles and cheers broke the silence.

The party began and there were small groups chattering and laughing during their conversations.
Since it was a casual party I went with a sleek suit instead of a dress as I prefer them more, with a drink in my hand I made my way to the group.
"Hey you guys look really good", I complimented the group which consisted of the twins, Bucky, Natasha, Clint, Steve, Sam, Maria and Carol.
Sam wanted to say something when we got interrupted by a light pat on my shoulder indicating someone's presence.

When I turned around a wide grin made onto my face.

"Your favorite pudding is here", he said with a smile.

"Eddie!", I said embracing him in a tight hug which he returned with a chuckle.
"Hi V", I whispered earning a high five from the symbiote.
The pet name was originally for Venom since Eddie and I thought he looked like a pudding when we first met him however Venom was happy about it because the reason was he loved chocolate.

I could feel all the big eyes on my back.

"Hi darling and well I couldn't miss the invitation could I", he answered.

"Of course not", I confirmed.
Then I turned my attention to the group who was watching me with wide eyes.
"So guys this is Eddie Brock one of my close friends and these are also my friends the Avengers", I introduced him to the group.
They all exchanged their hellos and welcomes.

"I didn't interrupt anything?", Eddie asked unsure looking in the group.

"No you good man, I just wanted to tell her how good she looks", Sam pointed out.

"Exactly right!", Eddie barked in agreeing with Sam.
"You ever see a woman this handsome walking the streets?", he questioned to the group and motioned at me.
"She's gonna get arrested..", Eddie contuined causing Sam and Bucky to chuckle.

"because she's killing all the men and ladies. Look at that", Sam said.
"True", Carol and Maria said agreeing with Sam's statement.
"Pow pow pow pow pow", Sam and Eddie said at the same time making gun signs with their fingers.

"You are all flattering me", I said taking a sip from my drink.
"It's the truth so you look hot doll", Bucky said with a wink and I noticed the subtle death glare the redhead gave him.