𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

5000 BC, MESOPOTAMIA, EARTH

    Alekto sat atop a cliff, overlooking the first civilisation on the planet Earth. She had been there for some time, watching... waiting. Though she had interacted with a few from the tribe, she kept to her cave above the cliff and out of reach.

    There was still a divine order which she couldn't interfere with.

    Whether Alekto agreed with Arishem or not, she alone couldn't do much to change anything.

    With her legs crossed, she breathed in, welcoming the cool air that invaded her lungs before breathing out. She felt relaxed, becoming one with the air around her. Meditation was something she had picked up a few centuries ago on Itari.

    It was her very first mission with her family. The planet was slowly evolving — too slow for Arishem's liking. And so when Zuras told them the truth about Arishem's mission, they could do little to stop him. They fought, though she despised using violence on such a peaceful planet, and they lost.

    They swore to save the next planet and the one after that but they'd always lose.

    With each emergence, the group got stronger and they would come so close to winning. Until he decided they wouldn't, with their memories reset.

Her eyes fluttered open feeling the wind brush over her face with a slight force, lungs burning from the sudden intake of air. The wind's delicate touch weaved between her dark locks, carrying the weight off her shoulders. Though it was soothing, the change in weather was not anticipated.

    A heavy breeze caught the shore where she watched Anki and his father fish for dinner. At the break of day, the two would wind up by the ocean edge every day, catching whatever meal they could get their hands on.

The tribe even insisted on providing a meal for her.

She turned to look out at the dull ocean where the waves had picked up a fuss, crashing against the jagged rocks in the water — Alekto almost hadn't heard the shouting from across the plains.

    Steadily, she rose to her feet keeping her body as low as she could, ready to jump. The small stones littering the ground pricked at her bare feet uncomfortably that blood was sure to have drawn from the rough skin.

Sensing the shift in the atmosphere, she wasted no time and teleported behind Anki's father. Her body stiffened into a concrete-like state causing the deviant that emerged from the water to crack its teeth, attempting to devour her.

    Urging the man towards his son, he began running.

    Alekto turned around with her body relaxed, all but her arm which stayed dense. With one swing, she landed a right hook straight into the deviant's jaw, forcing it back into the water.