I internally sigh not to feel disappointed by my professor's dull reaction and thank him with a halfhearted smile.

"Her percentage was not only high in this academic year but she created a new record. Mr. Sharman response interjects the awkward air, "I believe her hard work deserves honest praise Naveen. Out of all, you as her Professor should be proud of her."

I gape at the old man for his audacity, as Professor Sharma avoids his intelligent eyes.

"He is my nephew," Mr. Sharman fills my curiosity.

"It's not like I'm not happy just surprised. Anyways, Meera I hope to see your progress continues even in future," He offers a small smile, his skepticism is still evident.

Why it is difficult for professors to accept their assumptions about a student was wrong?

I didn't want to hold any sort of bitterness, so smiling confidently, "Certainly it will, sir."

Librarian Sharman sir shakes his head once professor Sharma leaves the library, "I'm sure you'd outshine, he says, my smile reemerges, "After all, I have helped you many times with getting longer access on books."

My phone buzzes, I lift my hand unlocking and reading the text from Ayesha.

"Emergency situation, waiting for you near the front gates."

I hate her cryptic messages, she has this bad habit of leaving the person on the other side guessing about the situation.

*****

Rushing to the outside of the main gate, I search for the familiar sky blue hijab, I sigh walking to the girl. A whizz of dizziness make me stumble, I blink my eyes until it settle down. I huff in annoyance, this is what happens, if you miss the breakfast. I'm surely going to get earful from mom once she finds it from house help.

Ayesha had texted me' Emergency' and to meet her at the given spot. I absolutely dislike when she gives such cryptic texts leaving the person on other side nervous about the unknown. I tap on her shoulder, she whirls around sighing briefly then thumbing through her phone.

In between she narrates the situation, my brows lift in unexpected bewilderment apparently her father Zabid uncle organized a meet up with Azar in an hour. The news was informed by her agent, the young maid of her home. Yeah, she keeps these secret taps on her own family. I always thought she was being dramatic about her lovely parents would hide something, until now.

She booked the cab not wanting to hit them of her unasked arrival. Looking her pacing with restrained agitation, I try my best to calm her otherwise in her haste she might end up complication the situation more.

"I swear if Abbu ji is going to Amresh Puri of DDLJ then I'd go Karenna kapoor from jab we met. It's time girls take stand for their own love stories." She tilts her head already pumped up with pride.

I curl my lips not to burst in laughter, she squints her eyes at me. Clearing my throat, I nod along, satisfying her.

Soon the cab arrives, confirming the details I grasp her hand, "Ayesha just listen to them before jumping into any conclusions. Okay, remember they are your parents always preferring the best for you. She opens her mouth to protest, I rush to continue, "If you happen to disagree then make them understand instead of shutting them out. And like always, I'm here for you in anything."

"I love you, Mer. Really you're the bestest friend I'd have ever asked for." She hugs me, getting both of us sentimental.

"You too, Ayesha. Even if my ears sometimes have to suffer with your nonstop blabbering. I don't want to change anything for world."