Never Make A Promise 32

HELLO READERS! I'm really sorry for disappearing on you for a while. My internet crashed for a few days and I didn't know what the hell happened, but I was about to post this chapter up- ON TIME, BY THE WAY :)- when I got this little box saying that the internet was not connected. I was all 'WTF?' and I looked at my internet box and it was on. So was the WiFi. It was all weird for the past few days and now finally it's starting to work again. So yeah. That's what happened. Sucks how it just crashed like that. I really hope that doesn't happen again. Well, enjoy!

<3 Nikky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sending us a picutre of the back of Damon's car was supposed to scare us? And that warning message was supposed to, too? Well, guess what Jakey pie? THAT'S NOT WORKING! No, I'm just throwing words out. I was really scared right now. They were watching us still and I was scared for Seth, Jordan, Aliyah, and Joyce- but most of all Damon. He was the person they were really after. They nearly killed him the last time we ran into them...oh my god, I thought. I felt my face pale and my mouth fall open slightly as the car came into my view. A grinning Jake was very close to my window. I slowly scooted over to the other side of the car behind Damon, but kept my sight on him. He didn't see me and I wanted to keep it that way.

"Hey Seth? Can you pull over?" I asked.

"What? Why?"

"I feel like I'm going to throw up," I said. It wasn't a lie. I was getting a little sick from seeing Jake here on the way back to Aspen. It just wasn't right.

"Oh jeesh," he groaned, pulling over. I opened the door quickly and went behind the car, leaning over and pretending like I was going to hurl. I watched as the SUV passed by without noticing us pulled over on the side of the road.

"Very nice," Damon said. I stood up straight and saw him standing by his door. Huh. Didn't even hear the car door open or close. He was looking in the direction that Jake just drove in.

"We're lucky they didn't see us," I said. He nodded.

"That is true. Then Seth would be involved with this too and I'm having enough problems trying to keep you out of it."

"That's not working so well."

"You're telling me."

"Come on," I said. "Let's get the hell out of here."

I don't know how long it was after we got back in the car that I fell asleep, nor did I know how long I was sleeping. All I know is that when I woke up again, Seth was pulling the car into my driveway. He and Damon must have taken turns driving or something. And why wasn't I awake at all then? Seth stopped the car and they both turned in their seats to look at me. I sat up in my seat and looked at them.

"How long was I sleeping?" I asked. They looked at each other and then back at me.

"A while," they replied. Butt faces, I thought.

"No duh," I said. "I mean-"

"You went to sleep around I don't know what time," Seth began.

"You woke up at-" He glanced at the clock. "Noon."

"Noon?"

"Yeah, so you slept at least....ten hours."

"Ten?!"

"That's what I said," Seth said smiling like a dork.

"Wipe that smirk off your face before I wipe it for you."

"Ah, you're nasty. That's nasty."

"Oh shut up, I didn't mean it like that," I said, trying to open the door. It was locked. "Seth?"

"I'm on it." He unlocked the doors and I got out and sighed. From the looks of it, Joyce still wasn't home. Thank. God.

"Want me to walk you in?" I hear in my ear. I jumped and looked back to glare at Damon, who- of course- was smirking. "Did I scare you?"

"Nope," I lied. Seth got out of the car and followed Damon and me into the house through the front door. We all plopped down on the couch in the living room, not knowing what to do now. I groaned.

"What?" Seth asked.

"I have to call Jordan and Aliyah to tell them."

"Tell them what?"

"What I told you back at the Bed and Breakfast AND at the prison."

"Which was....."

"Dude."

"What? I seriously don't remember. I can't remember my own damn name half the time."

"Maybe you have short term memory loss or something."

"I was thinking that was a possibility."

"Or, or, or, OR maybe you just don't pay a lot of attention," I teased. "You know, like in Chemistry."

"I DO pay attention," he defended. "I forget things easily. I don't know why."

"You hit your head sophomore year, remember? I don't know what the hell you and Jordan were doing, but you fell down some stairs and hit your head pretty hard on the railing."

"Oh, yeah!" he said. "I kind of remember that. Yeah, I forgot what we were doing, too."

"Of course you did."

"You seriously fell down the stairs?" Damon asked.

"Psh, I fell down the stairs....who knows how many times," Seth scoffed. My cell phone started vibrating and I took it out to see who was calling. It was Jordan. I stood up from the couch and answered it.

"Hey! I was just about to call you," I said.

"Oh," he said. "Well I was just calling because...well I haven't talked to you in a while."

"I know. We haven't hung out in a while either. You and Aliyah need to come over here. Seth's already here and so is Damon."

"Damon?"

"Yeah, I didn't tell you that we're going out now, did I?"

"I would have remembered that."

"Well...you were right. We are going out now."

"I KNEW IT!" he exclaimed. I held the phone fifty feet away from my ear causing Seth and Damon to laugh a bit.

"Alright, you were right. I admit it," I said to Jordan. He laughed.

"Mattie, guess what!" he called.

"Jordan?"

"What?" I hear in the background.

"Hayley and Damon are going out!"

"Damon as in that super gorgeous guy who came a little while ago?! And Hayley as in your best friend Hayley? The really pretty one?"

"Those are the ones!"

"She knows I'm listening, doesn't she?" I asked myself. Trying to get on my good side, I see. She's trying to make me like her again after what happened in middle school.

"Aw! She's so lucky! And so is he! They'd make a cute couple!"

"That's what I've been saying! But Hayley was all 'no! he's annoying and blah, blah, blah!' and I was all 'no! You like him and you know he likes you too!'. She's SO freaking stubborn!"

"At least they realized it now before it was too late!"

"Right?!"

"Okay so when do you want to come over?" I asked, tired of hearing Mattie's fake suck ups to me.

"I'll come over in like half an hour after I drop Mattie off back home. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll be here all day," I said.

"Okay I will see you then."

"Bye."

"Bye." I shut my phone and went to sit back down by Damon and Seth. Damon looked at me curiously.

"What?"

"What was that?" he asked.

"Me listening to Mattie and Jordan yell back and forth at each other about how right Jordan was about you and I liking each other and going out eventually. Then there's the fact that Mattie was trying to get on my good side."

"How?" Seth asked, looking at his phone.

"Jordan told her that Damon and I were going out and she was all 'Damon as in that super gorgeous guy who came a little while ago? And Hayley as in your best friend Hayley? The really pretty one?' and I was thinking that she knew I was listening," I mocked her squeaky voice pretty well.

"Dude, you are real pretty though," Seth said. I took out my phone to text Aliyah and tell her to get her butt over here.

"Eh."

"Hayley," Damon warned, meaning that I better suck it up and admit that I'm pretty. He knew I was stubborn, though.

"Damon," I returned, closing my phone after sending the text to Aliyah. He sighed and rolled his eyes. I slipped him a smug smile.

"So when is Jordan coming over?" Seth asked.

"He said half an hour," I said. The front door opened and closed and a very tired looking Joyce walked into the living room and plopped on the couch. She closed her eyes and didn't say a word to any of us. Maybe she was too tired to notice we were in here.

"Joyce?" Seth said, breaking the ice. She opened her eyes and looked over at us.

"Hey guys," she greeted, her gaze lingering on Damon for a minute. "You look familiar," she said to him.

"Damon Smith," he said. "We met at the restaurant a while back. My aunt is Michelle."

"Oh right!" she said. "Michelle. How is she?"

"She's good," he replied.

"That reminds me that I have to call her. I think I'll go do that now," she said, getting up off the couch she was on.

"Hey Joyce?"

"Yes Hayley dear?"

"When are you going to see Chris again?" She froze at the bottom of the stairs and seemed to be thinking hard about the answer to that.

"Um...I don't know," she said. "Probably in a couple days." She said that, but I heard her mumbled 'a couple days to never' as she went upstairs. I'll have to remember to ask her later what happened with that. Because not too long ago, she left on a fake business trip to go spend time with him and she sounded really happy when ever I was on the phone with her and she was with him. So what changed? Did they have a fight? Did something else happen?

"What's wrong with her?" Seth asked as soon as she was all the way upstairs.

"I don't know," I said honestly. "She sounded fine when I last talked to her."

"How long ago was that?"

"Maybe a few days ago," I said. "I don't remember exactly."

"Are you going to ask her?" Seth asked.

"Of course I am. Not right now, but I am."

"When's Aliyah coming over?"

"Um..." I started, taking out my phone. One new text mesage, the screen read. "Twenty minutes."

"Okay," Seth said, propping his feet up on my lap. I looked at them and then up at him.

"Excuse me," I said.

"You're excused. Why, did you fart?"

"Ha ha ha, you're so funny!" I said sarcastically.

"Psh, I'm not funny," he said. "I'm HILIARIOUS!"

"What ever...floats...your...boat," I said as I typed my message back to Aliyah. Damon sighed.

"So what do we do?" he asked.

"Well what we could do is....I don't know," Seth said. Silence fell upon us. After about five minutes, Seth got up and sat on the couch across from us, crossing his legs and sitting up like a strict, professional woman. "So Damon," he said.

"Yes?" Damon said.

"What are you intentions for my good friend, Hayley, here?" he asked, propping his chin between his fingers. I groaned and buried my face into my hands while Seth and Damon laughed. It seemed like five years before the doorbell finally rang, signaling that Aliyah was here. I rushed to open the door and the first thing that I saw was her grinning face.

"Wazzup?!" she greeted me with a hug. "Dude, I haven't seen you in FOREVER!"

"I know, it's been a while," I laughed. She pulled away from me.

"So what is up my fellow drunkie fri- ooh, Seth's here," she stopped calling me my nickname when she saw Seth sitting there. He was giving me a 'wtf?' look. Aliyah's gaze went to Damon and she smiled slyly and looked at me. "I don't like him!" she mocked me. I rolled my eyes and went to sit by him.

"About that," I said, leaning on him. He put his arm around me.

"I KNEW IT!" she jumped up and down, clapping her hands together. "I AM A MATCHMAKING GODDESS!"

"Yeah you matched me and Kim together, look how that turned out," Seth said. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"YOU sir," she began. "Are impossible for even the best to match!"

"You can't match me with Jane?"

"Jane, Jane, Jane," she said. "Jane's got a boyfriend!"

"What?!" Seth said. "WHO?!"

"Uh...I don't know.....this kid....what the hell did she say his name was.....um....I don't know....hang on!" she said, bouncing on her feet. "It's um....it starts with a...a...a 'm'! He's in my Chemistry class...oh, oh what is that kid's name?! Oh yeah! Mickey!"

"MICKEY LEVI?!"

"That would be the one."

"What the- why THAT douche?"

"Uh...have you SEEN him?"

"What the hell? He's not even that cute! And he's a douche!"

"What do you mean he's not even that cute? What is there not to like about him?"

"He's ugly, he's a douche, he's a freak, he's a douche, he's not the brightest bulb in the box, and....did I mention he was a douche?"

"Only five times," Damon said. Seth rolled his eyes.

"Well what ever," he said. "It's true."

"Well, you have your opinion of him and Jane has hers," Aliyah said, sitting down next to him. Seth crossed his arms and put on a pouty face. Seth and Aliyah bickered about the most random things with Damon and me watching them in pure amusement while we waited for Jordan to get here. When he finally did, I looked at Damon for help or support. Both would be nice actually.

"You can do it," he encouraged. "I'll be right next to you." I nodded my head. I wanted to tell Aliyah and Jordan everything big that happened in my life time. I was going to tell them about what really happened to my mom, about my uncle, about my dad, and the whole dilemma behind my fetish with no promises that I am hopefully over completely now. I just didn't want to say it all over again.